CQ Prom Purse

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf Posted: Sat, Jun 18 2011 5:16 PM

Small in size, but just right for a cell phone, some make-up and a few dollars - and Crazy Quilting!

The dress was navy and the shoes silver.  The Prom Purse tied them together:

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,254
Points 112,665
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 7:59 PM

This is lovely, Susan.  Beautiful work!  What a clever design for the bag, too.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,134
Points 42,605
Diane replied on Sat, Jun 18 2011 10:12 PM

Very Pretty!

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,562
Points 139,613
Stephanie replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 7:22 AM

This is beautiful Susan, and just a perfect size to keep on your wrist as you get up to dance. I like the way it folds over to create a closure. Did you design the pattern as well?

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Sun, Jun 19 2011 11:05 PM

Thank you all for the kind comments on the wristlet.  The Crazy Quilting provides a wonderful creativity outlet...and the small size ensures tedium never occurs!

The final wristlet design is my own..I made a number of prototypes before I settled on the final opening and wrist strap sizes.

More detailed pictures on The Destashification Project blog.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 348
Points 27,200
Darlene replied on Mon, Jun 20 2011 12:16 PM

Susan, beautiful.  I frequently make little bags/purses out of odd silks and trims (sometimes batiks) but have never tried the closure you have.  It is a wonderful idea.  I went to your site and agree that at 15, I would not have understood the importance of such a bag.  Your daughter is a very lucky young lady to have a Mom who would drop things and work on this.

Cudos for doing this from your stash.  You have intrigued me and challenged my design skills.  If I don't draw something to my satisfaction in the first couple tries, I will go to the Vogue pattern you recommended.  I hate to buy patterns for the price they charge but will resort to that if needed.

Thanks again for the inspiration.  Love your "destashification" projects. (my family encourages me to try as many of these as time allows--definitely have a stash larger than I will use within my life expectancy and no daughters to pass it on to)

Darlene

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Mon, Jun 20 2011 5:36 PM

beautiful bag susan.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 56
Points 1,795
susandf replied on Mon, Jun 20 2011 11:47 PM

Many thanks for the wonderful and encouraging comments!

I am working on another purse - this time a full size for myself.  I keep hitting "bumps" - and the encouraging comments keep me going!

Thanks again.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Wed, Jul 27 2011 7:42 PM

Oh my, this is beautiful.  Nice job!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use