This post has 392 Replies | 15 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,560
Robin replied on Fri, Jul 1 2011 12:20 PM

Linny,

I love the picture!

Yes I've picked my fabrics.   I've actually put my square together.   I'm sticking with Cottons because I feel like I need to build my hand skills before I move to some of the more unforgivable fabrics like silks.   I chose bright bold colors for this month but my goal is to change the colors gradually from block to block to accommodate for the changing seasons.   I've collected some trims for this month like Happy Birthday ribbon and some pink roses.   I haven't chosen any of my stitches or the colors.

Robin

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945

Robin:
I've actually put my square together.

Robin, looks great.  Can't wait to see what you do with it.  Nice start.

Darlene

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Fri, Jul 1 2011 4:41 PM

Robin, you are off to a great start!  Love the vibrant colors.

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 35
Points 730
Cathy K replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 5:54 AM

Good work getting your block together.  I'll look forward to seeing the progress.  You might need a cupcake with a candle to snack on while you decide how to decorate your block.  Yumm.  Have a Happy Birthday.

Be Sew Happy...Cathy

• Filed under: |
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 10:57 PM

robin, you have a beautiful start to your block 

gini in north idaho

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,037
Points 65,560
Robin replied on Mon, Jul 4 2011 5:59 PM

Thank you everyone. 

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  

Robin

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 6:12 PM

I finished by block...things I like about Summer!  Several different kinds of fabric, machine and hand embroidery.  I took everyone's advice and tried to be bolder with my  color choices and stitches.  Now I just need to square it up and make it into a tote bag.

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 8:06 PM

Marsha, this is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time.  You've got it all!  Ice cream, fire works, veggies, a kite on sky fabric, flowers, flip flops and a nice...what is that? a nice cool beverage :) with the little peace sign beneath it.  How cool!  Your seam embellishments are great, too.  I especially like the serpentine one.   You did a fantastic job with this!  Oh, I just saw the little bare feet and the smiley face, too.  I just love it!  I'm sitting here smiling while I look at it.

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 9:53 PM

Thanks Linny.  The beverage is a margarita... we love "margarita time" while sitting on the deck on hot summer days.  If you look closely there is "salt" made of beads on the rim of the glass.  Now all we need is summer.  Here in the Pacific Northwest we've only had 3 days this year above 80 degrees.  I know the rest of the country is way too hot but we are still waiting for summer to start here!

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jul 20 2011 10:54 PM

very cute block marsha,   we had several days of good weather and now you've sent us your rain.  it's a nice cool-down, thanks

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,561
Points 139,563
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jul 21 2011 6:01 AM

Marsha,

Fantastic! Cheerful happy colors for summer, and you incorporated all the things that make summer fun. Flying a kite, fireworks,flip flops, treats and margaritas. Fun, fun fun! Your seam treatments are wonderful aswell. I especially like the one you did next to the floral, and the red white and blue, but they are all superbly done.  WTG!     

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,213
Points 111,905
Linny t replied on Thu, Jul 21 2011 11:16 AM

I couldn't think of the name of that drink to save myself last night.  What a cool idea to use beads for the salt.

Marsha:
Now all we need is summer.  Here in the Pacific Northwest we've only had 3 days this year above 80 degrees.  I know the rest of the country is way too hot but we are still waiting for summer to start here!

Well, I'll tell you what.  I'll trade you a few of our Florida nights for some below 80's days.  Our nights have been around the 80-82 mark quite a bit lately....with humidity to match.  Still, that's the price we pay for not having snow.  That and tropical weather.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,101
Points 42,050
Diane replied on Thu, Jul 21 2011 11:20 AM

Very pretty Marsha--I love the summer colors and symbols!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 330
Points 26,945
Darlene replied on Thu, Jul 21 2011 12:04 PM

Marsha, beautiful combination of all the mediums.  Love your choices.  You did great!

Darlene

Darlene

from Western New York

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 55
Points 1,260
Marsha replied on Thu, Jul 21 2011 1:49 PM

Linny t:

Well, I'll tell you what.  I'll trade you a few of our Florida nights for some below 80's days.  Our nights have been around the 80-82 mark quite a bit lately....with humidity to match.  Still, that's the price we pay for not having snow.  That and tropical weather.

It's only 61 here now, they say it may go all the way up to 74 ...  not margarita weather :(   Maybe next week.

Thanks  everyone for all the kind words.  Your constructive comments on my first block really helped. 

Page 4 of 27 (393 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use