CQ Eye Candy

rated by 0 users
This post has 29 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t Posted: Wed, Jun 1 2011 7:11 PM

I subscribe to a CQ discussion group in Quiltropolis and today there was this post by a lady named Lisa about her work she calls Aracnophobia the Sequel.   Here's some CQ inspirtational eye candy  for your Wednesday evening enjoyment.  Her work is beautiful.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisa_in_nevada/

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 3 2011 3:11 PM

Nothing really to do with CQ, but it could be...All people quilt has 7 free pincushion patterns on their website.  I like the little tie on hearts.

Also, for those interested in hand embroidery, I found this site that has really good information.  It's called Victorian Embroidery and Crafts.  A while back we were disucssing stitch direction.  There is some good info. about that, in addition to stitches and more.  Not everything is covered well, but what is is covered REALLY well.  Links to Victorian clip art, too.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

Linny,

Thanks for the links. Love the little flower pincushion and downloaded a few purse and tote patterns as well. The Victorian site was very informative and downloaded a lot of clip art. I don't know if you have Microsoft Word on your computer, but if you do you can also copy and paste these and print a whole page of images at one time on photo fabric. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 5 2011 8:21 AM

Stephanie:

Linny,

Thanks for the links. Love the little flower pincushion and downloaded a few purse and tote patterns as well. The Victorian site was very informative and downloaded a lot of clip art. I don't know if you have Microsoft Word on your computer, but if you do you can also copy and paste these and print a whole page of images at one time on photo fabric. 

You're welcome, Stephanie.  I bought a roll of Habotai silk prepared for printing.  I intend to make some silkies of my own. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

Linny t:
I bought a roll of Habotai silk prepared for printing.

Where did you find it? You'll have to keep us posted on how they turn out.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 5 2011 8:10 PM

Remember when we were talking about ordering from JoAnn's a while back?  It was when you got your dyes.  I was surprised to see it on their site.  I'll post pictures when I try it out. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

I downloaded some lace machine embroidery patterns for  lace from www.Zundtdesigns.com  today and spent part of the day making lace. They are beautiful, and a few will be perfect for seams for CQ. They are embroiderd out in about 3 1/2 inch sections and are set up so that if you want to make a long piece they fit right into one another and can be attached together with a few stitches. I like this because  I can use any thread color I want to make them and not have to rely on dying and painting if I want to add some color. You use wash away stabilizer to embroider them and once that's rinsed off and they dry they are good to go. I'll post pic's if anyone would like to see them otherwise the link has photo's.     

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

Linny t:
I was surprised to see it on their site.  I'll post pictures when I try it out. 

Awesome. Thanks.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Sun, Jun 5 2011 8:30 PM

I'd love to see it.  I wish I had a machine that embroiders.  My next one will...someday.

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

Sorry for the delay Linny, had some computer problems. Hope that someday comes soon for you....

The small ones are the ones I'm going to use for CQ. They are around 1/2 inch high. The top one I just fell in love with.I left the stabilizer on the ones that I may need to sew together and did some different colors because I wasn't sure they'd show online. Anyway here they are

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:36 PM

Wow, Stephanie!  These are beautiful!  With a machine that does this, you hardly have to go out of your house to get beautiful lacy trims.  I can see why you fel in love with the top one.  It's absolutely eligant!  How much thread does something like that take?

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

The small pieces don't use much thread at all per piece, and sew up really quick. The large one I used Connecting Threads cotton and I think I'd probably get about 10 sections out of it. I combined them in the program so I could do several in one hooping so I wouldn't waste stabilizer. I save the left over stabilizer sections to use for regular decorative machine stitching on fabrics that  call for stabilizer such as linen, etc so nothing goes to waste.

I was able to do something else that I am very excited about. I took one of the small antique motifs from the antique book share sight and scanned it and made a stitched line drawing out of it . The original design was from an antique advertisement for stamps they used to sell for ladies to stamp their fabrics to follow the designs. Pretty cool!  Because of the print quality of the motif you can see it didn't pick up all the lines, but that's ok as I'm just using it as a guide for hand embroidery and can fill in the blanks. I could have stitched the outline in brown and left the tiny delicate parts of the branch alone, and sewn over the rest or possibly used wash away thread and when I was finished with the hand stitching wash away the thread outline, but I don't know how visible it will be. I see a lot of possibilities even doing my own drawings and scanning them in. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 7 2011 10:59 AM

Do you have didgitizing capabilities?  Must be if you can stitch out a scanned design.  The potential for this is incredible, you lucky girl!

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,553
Points 139,418

Linny t:
Do you have didgitizing capabilities? 

Not really,  this one is just a "teaser" that will do basically clip art stuff. It's very limited but it works ok for me.Maybe some lucky day I'll have a full program, it's not on the top of my list because digitizing takes a lot of time at the computer. Right now I'd rather be "feeling the fabric" . LOL        

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,181
Points 111,475
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 7 2011 2:02 PM

Stephanie:
I'd rather be "feeling the fabric" . LOL        

Oh, yes.  What good is it if you can't feel the fabric.

Linny T

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 12Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use