Welcome New Crazy Quilt Group Members! Please leave a comment

rated by 0 users
This post has 363 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Sun, Jan 15 2012 10:08 AM

A warm welcome to all the new members who joined today!  If you are looking for the project mentioned in the Newsletter, it's here  Once Upon a Time.  All are welcome!  The more the merrier!  Enjoy.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 90
Points 1,730

Hello Everyone!  My name is Dawn.  I've been quilting for over 20 years.  I belong to a quilt guild.  I've been branching out into mixed media quilting.  I love embellishing with beads, trims, embroidery, etc. I'm also learning how to use digital images in my quilts.  It seems crazy quilting offers ways to do all of the techniques in one project.  I have been making small purses, with areas that are just perfect for embellishment.  I love making my own fabric with weaving, crazy piecing, couching, decorative stitches, etc, and using that fabric as pattern pieces.  I also dye some of my own fabric and have purchased some dye and dyeable silk ribbon to do my own silk ribbons.

I have taken an online class on art quilting and a class on using my machine dec stitches to make my own fabric.  They have been very helpful.  And now, I've joined the CQ group to learn all I can!  I am looking forward to adding to my quilting repertoire with you all.

Stay Crazy!

Dawn

Dawn

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:06 PM

Welcome, Dawn.  It sounds like you have just the right niche carved out for CQ.  This is a fun little group, so jump in and enjoy it.  There is information about constructing crazy quilts in the Blog section and a list of links in the Pages section.  There's lots of tallent in this group, so don't hesitate to share yours.  In fact, if you've got pictures, please post them in the media section.  We love pictures around here.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:14 PM

I'd like to welcome all the new members to our crazy little group.  We've had so many join since yesterday, my goodness!  Glad you will be joining us.  Just jump right in and enjoy!  If you have any questions, don't be shy to ask.  If you have any pictures of your work, we would love it if you'd post them in Media.  We love pictures around here!

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 12:15 PM

I meant to add that if you have posted in Media and you still want to start a thread to talk about your pieces, or vice-versa, that's absolutely fine.

Linny T

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,180
Points 43,570
Diane replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 1:02 PM

Hi Everyone and welcome to the new members!   This group is growing fast!  I have not been writing because I have been trying to get this business going---Di's Eye Candy.

It's costing me some money but I guess that's to be expected.  I am steady making earrings and probably will be on Etsy in a month or so.  I am considering other avenues to sell but etsy will be a start.  It is taking more money and time than I thought!

I have been keeping up with you guys as well as I can.  I hope to get back to sewing really soon!  I miss it!!!

Diane

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,157
Points 68,565
Robin replied on Mon, Jan 16 2012 3:33 PM

Well to the craziest of groups.  

I hope that you enjoy this group as much as I do.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Tue, Jan 17 2012 8:37 PM

Many more joined our crazy little group again today and I want to welcome all of you. 

Linny T

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,661
Points 140,983
Stephanie replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 5:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the group.

Dawn, Good to read your post and look forward to having you join us.

Diane,

I know it takes money to make money, right? Wish you all the best with "Di's Eye Candy" and you be sure to let us know when you start up on Etsy or wherever! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Wed, Jan 18 2012 10:12 PM

Diane, I read an article on Beading Daily and they're having an earing challenge for the month of January.  You should enter some of yours.  If for no other reason that exposure.

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 1
Points 50

Hello to all you wonderful Crazy Ladies!  One goal for this new year was to find an online Crazy Quilt group and here you are.  My name is Kathleen Smith from Floral, Arkansas.  We moved here 3 1/2 years ago from Omaha Nebraska to retire to our dream home in the foothills of the Ozarks.  I used to teach Crazy Quilting for about 10 years all over the central part of the country including a stint at the American Quilters Assoc. show in Paducah, KY in 2000.  I have two of my small pieces featured in A Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches by Carole Samples.  But age and health issues made me have to stop teaching and now I play for my own enjoyment.  I still belong to many guilds as an at large member as we live WAY out in the country but I belong a small group of wild women who get together every Friday evening for Stitch and ***.  I've tried getting them to dig into the Crazy world but they stick to the more  traditional, but we still have fun.  I've been quilting since I was ten at my Grandmas side and have mastered just about every type of needle art she exposed me to.  So it all came together in my Crazy Quilts.  

I'm glad to be here and will try to post some of my pieces soon.  I have 5 different items I'm working on and hope to finish this year.

Happy new Year!!    Kathy

• Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,661
Points 140,983
Stephanie replied on Thu, Jan 19 2012 12:30 PM

Kathy,

Wonderful to have you join us! You have quite a history with CQ. Wow, teaching and everything! Can't wait to have you join in and see some of your pic's.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,180
Points 43,570
Diane replied on Thu, Jan 19 2012 12:37 PM

Hi Kathy---Welcome to this fun and crazy group!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,725
Points 419,764
gini replied on Thu, Jan 19 2012 3:09 PM

hi kathy, welcome to QCA

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,517
Points 116,405
Linny t replied on Thu, Jan 19 2012 4:06 PM

Hey, Kathy!  Welcome.  I look forward to seeing some of your pieces and learning from you.  I hope you post often!  There isn't a nicer bunch of Crazy Quilters anywhere that I've found.

Linny T

Page 17 of 25 (364 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use