Welcome New Crazy Quilt Group Members! Please leave a comment

rated by 0 users
This post has 363 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 8 2011 6:09 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group, Christine.  Hope you join us in one or more of the projects.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Fri, Jun 10 2011 2:21 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt Group, Gtarie.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Sat, Jun 11 2011 7:06 AM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt Group, Lakebum.  I really like your name :)  I'd like to be a lake bum sometimes, LOL.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 2:55 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group Hmmc duffie.  Hope you join us in a project.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 2:57 PM

Welcome, Waddelty, to the Crazy Quilt group. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 9:01 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group, LauraLyn, Katannlee, Mickey123, Keiths299, Silkenbee and Eburrell.  Hope you all join in on one of the projects.  We have lots of fun over here.

Linny T

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 25
lburrell replied on Mon, Jun 13 2011 10:38 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  I've always loved crazy quilts.  My mother had a very lovely traditional one with silks, satins, velvets and a lot of stitching.  Somehow it disappeared.  I've done simple projects in cotton, but my real ambition is to make one as lovely as the one I recall.  i will probably machine piece and do some hand and machine embellishing.  By the way, the user name is lburrell (LBurrell) but I answer to Ruchama or Linda.  (Not sure how the "L" came out looking like "E," but stranger things have happened in email transmission.  I'm excited about starting to plan.  I think my best bet is to plan a small project first.  Maybe a pillow cover or doll sized quilt with a number of squares. 

Ruchama

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 11:12 AM

lburrell:

Thanks for the welcome.  I've always loved crazy quilts.  My mother had a very lovely traditional one with silks, satins, velvets and a lot of stitching.  Somehow it disappeared.  I've done simple projects in cotton, but my real ambition is to make one as lovely as the one I recall.  i will probably machine piece and do some hand and machine embellishing.  By the way, the user name is lburrell (LBurrell) but I answer to Ruchama or Linda.  (Not sure how the "L" came out looking like "E," but stranger things have happened in email transmission.  I'm excited about starting to plan.  I think my best bet is to plan a small project first.  Maybe a pillow cover or doll sized quilt with a number of squares. 

Ruchama

I'm sorry about mis-spelling your name, Ruchama.  It's because I jot the new members names down on a note pad and then go into this thread to welcome them.  I simply misred my cursive "l" for an "e".  This kind of thing happens more to me at the end of the day :)  

It's a shame that your Mother's work of art disappeared.  That would have made me sick to realize.  I love looking at the antique CQs, because you get a sense of what people were thinking/doing then from a personal prospective.  Any history book can tell you major events, but the old CQs sometimes give clues to what was on the minds of the ladies who made them.  That plus seeing what they did with the seam treatments.

I'm looking forward to seeing your first "fancy" CQ.  If you check out the "Links" page, there are lots of great resources for supplies and just plain eye candy, too.  Our New Beginnings was a small begining project.  The photos from that are in the Media section.  We have some tallented folks here that couldn't be nicer to chat with.  All in all, we have a lot of fun.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 11:19 AM

I would like to extend a warm welcome to new members here in the Crazy Quilt group.  They are Janet Siegel, Sarah, Quilty Locks, Rim2142 and Neenas.  Hope you join in on one of the projects.

Linny T

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 116
Points 2,005

Welcome Christine. I hope you find the group as interesting and informative as I have. Bettie

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Tue, Jun 14 2011 4:56 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group, dolldr.  Thanks for sharing that photo of the quilt by Clara A. Hale in your media.  It'd be great if you could talk about it a little in the Crazy Quilt forum and maybe post a picture in here, too.  I'd love to hear more about it. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Wed, Jun 15 2011 7:33 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group, Shywick.  Glad you're joining us!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 8:16 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group, Teri W.  Hope you join in on the projects we've got going on.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Sat, Jul 2 2011 1:32 PM

Welcome, Marie.  Glad you joined the group!

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,117
Points 110,495
Linny t replied on Sat, Jul 9 2011 6:58 PM

Welcome to the Crazy Quilt group, HELENR-6.

Linny T

Page 5 of 25 (364 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use