Welcome New Crazy Quilt Group Members! Please leave a comment

rated by 0 users
This post has 363 Replies | 27 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t Posted: Sun, Feb 20 2011 9:50 AM

I thought I'd start a thread for new folks joining the CQ group to leave a comment telling a little about themselves and their CQ interests/experience.

Linny T

• Filed under: |
  • Post Points: 245
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Sun, Feb 20 2011 9:58 AM

Welcome to the CQ group, Anne.  I love your leaf quilt and what you did with the extra batting & vein detail!  All your quilts are beautiful.  You have an excellent eye for color combinations.

Linny T

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 403
Points 4,864

Marge Campbell here.  I don't do a lot of hand piecing...but do like Crazy quilts...so have started one by machine.  I live in Littlefield, TX; married 42 years to my honey..we have 3 adult children, 7 grands...and tons of critters.

I have a TL18LS longarm machine & Qbot quilting robot attacthed to Lizzie.  I enjoy making up designs to put on the quilts I do for myself and others.

Marge

Margie Campbell
margecam52@valornet.com
TinLizzie18 LS
Littlefield, TX

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Mon, Feb 21 2011 11:46 AM

Welcome, Marge.  You are so lucky to have all those fun toys and how cool it would be to use them on a CQ!  What method of piecing are you doing on your CQ?   Care to post a picture of it in media? 

Linny T

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:05 PM

Hello, I'm Claudette and I'm from Minnesota.  I haven't done a lot of crazy quilting, but I'm hoping to change that.  I'm actually fairly new to quilting in general - so far I've made a few holiday stockings, some table runners, and I'm currently working on a Twister baby quilt for my cousin's soon-to-be-born daughter.  I love the elegance of crazy quilting and the freedom the style allows. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:26 PM

Welcome to the CQ group, Claudette.  I saw your holiday stocking in media and wow, it's beautiful!  How did you do your name on it?  It's perfect!

I love the idea of a Twister baby quilt.  Is it Twister like the game with the mat on the floor and everyone gets all twisted together when they play?  I hope you post a picture.

Linny T

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:43 PM

Linny, I have a Husqvarna Designer II that I originally bought for machine embroidery.  I'm only just getting started trying to branch out and find everything my machine can do.  Thank you for your kind comments about my stocking.  It's special to me as it has scraps from when I made my wedding dress, scraps from old costumes, and fabrics that make me smile.  The gold appliques were originally attached to my wedding shoes, and I made the stocking to preserve them.  (They were just glued to fancy white sneakers - after several hours of shopping for wedding shoes that "didn't hurt my feet too much" I decided no one would really see them anyway with a floor length gown so I just decorated some sneakers.!)

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 524
Points 13,340
Claudette replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:48 PM

Linny, I forgot to mention that my Twister quilt is made using one of those "Lil Twister" templates that seem to be must-have tool these days.  I've really having a lot of fun with it and will post pictures when I have it finished.  I've been taking lots of pictures as I go so I can do a blog about it.  I've learned so much from other quilter blogs and hope I can help someone else out as well.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 9:59 PM

That's exactly what CQs are for, I think; a place to keep pieces of our favorite memories.  How clever on the sneekers.  When I got married I found some of those Indian slippers with all the sequins on them.  They were great until I tried dancing.  Then they flew off my feet.  By then I didn't care anymore, lol.  I'm still trying to figure a good way to get the little sequin motif off of them without destroying the slippers or motif.  Somehow or other those little things will find a way into a CQ.

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Tue, Feb 22 2011 10:07 PM

Claudette:
Linny, I forgot to mention that my Twister quilt is made using one of those "Lil Twister" templates

Oh, yeah, Twister...duh.  It's late.  I find it funny that my mind went to that game, lol. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 11:37 AM

Quite a few have joined the group in the last couple of days.  I just want to say Welcome to all of you.  If you haven't already, please consider leaving a comment here or in the poll thread.  If you have any photos you care to share, just feel free to upload them to the media. 

Linny T

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 42
Points 215

I am delited to be a member of such an original group with talent far beyond mine.  I am looking forward to your help and get started on a large undertaking.  I have made christmas stocking and potholders to get the feel for the technique.  The pictures are so wonderful.  Cathy

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 40
Ilene replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 5:25 PM

What  fun  this  will  be.  I  have  only  done  one  crazy  quilt  and  it  was  a  small  wallhanging.  I  plan  to  start  a  queen  quilt  in  April   and  am  thinking  I  will go  with  many  shades  of  one  color.  Do  most  crazy  quilters  hand  embroider  over  the  seams  or  machine  quilt  the  fancy  stitches?    Ilene

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:30 PM

Welcome to the CQ group, Cathy.  I'm delighted you've joined. 

Linny T

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 7,690
Points 119,625
Linny t replied on Wed, Feb 23 2011 8:35 PM

Ilene:

What  fun  this  will  be.  I  have  only  done  one  crazy  quilt  and  it  was  a  small  wallhanging.  I  plan  to  start  a  queen  quilt  in  April   and  am  thinking  I  will go  with  many  shades  of  one  color.  Do  most  crazy  quilters  hand  embroider  over  the  seams  or  machine  quilt  the  fancy  stitches?    Ilene

Welcome, Ilene.  We are going to have a lot of fun with CQ!  Not all CQers hand embroider.  Some do all machine, some do a mix, some do only hand.  I think you have to decide what kind of piece you want to end up with and where your passion leads you. 

Linny T

Page 1 of 25 (364 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2016 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.