Governer General

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B Posted: Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:01 AM

Hi All.  Hope you had a great holiday, and will be having a Happy New Year.  Just wanted to keep youup to date.  I have contacted the GG's office twice online and have not received any response, not even from a flunky, just a return email saying my message was sent.  After the holidays I will try phoning.  I hear he lives in the Waterloo area so may try to reach him up there as I assume he has a constituent office.  Just wanted to let you know I am not sitting on it, I am trying.

Again if there is anything you guys would like to do as a group just let me know.  I know we are all busy but I am willing to lead I just have a hard time coming up with ideas.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 4:28 AM

Finally got them to reply, here is what they wrote.  I will follow through with contacting the Canadiana Fund unless someone wants to do something else with the quilt.

Dear Ms. Book:

Again, we apologize for the delay in our response, but unfortunately technology was not on our side last week.

Our office is not in a position to directly accept artworks. We do not have our own collection or curator to care for the pieces.  

If you and your colleagues are interested in investigating the possibility of donating the quilt to the official residences of Canada, which includes the residences of the Governor General in Ottawa and in Québec City, I would invite you to contact the Canadiana Fund of the National Capital Commission to submit your kind request to canadianafund@ncc-ccn.ca:

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/property-management/what-we-manage/canadiana-fund

Best wishes to you and your colleagues on your collaboration together.

Sincerely,

Christine MacIntyre
Executive Director, Events, Household and Visitor Services | Directrice exécutive, Événements, accueil et services aux visiteurs

Office of the Secretary to the Governor General | Bureau du Secrétaire du gouverneur général

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use