This is a very quiet group lately

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 525
Effie Posted: Thu, Oct 11 2012 6:32 AM

What's everyone been up to lately? Life must be very busy.............

Effie

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:00 AM

Hi Effie, good to hear from you.

I have been very busy.  I have made 2 quilts, both of which are waiting to be quilted.  One is for a new grandneice and one is for the grandmother of my daughter's girlfriend.  She has raised the girl when her mother abandoned her on the doorstep and now is fighting lung cancer for the second time.  I will have that one quilted hopefully this weekend.  I started another course thru Athabasca University, when this one is done I will only need 4 more for my BA and then I can go for my master in library science.  I should finish in time to retire LOL. Work has been a zoo because I am trying to get everything in order so that when they close the other school and the tech bumps me she will not be left with a mess.  It does not help that they are changing teacher-librarians mid year as well so am trying to train up a new TL who has never worked in a library.  So much fun. 

I am just getting the finishing touches on the label for the Canadian quilt and have messaged the Quilter's Connection group but have not heard back.  I am going to try to get to the CraftFestival in Toronto on Saturday and maybe see them there but if not I will email them again.  As well I want to message the Gov Gen and see about a presentation.  It seems there are less hours in the day. 

If there is something you guys would like to do again with this group I am open to ideas and willing to lead or follow.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use