I really really really need some opinions!

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura Posted: Sat, Sep 3 2011 2:22 PM

This quilt that I am attempting for my daughter is a king 10 x 11 rows. The pattern is  like this. I am doing the back one, with the double circles on it. I have laid the blocks out on the floor and they look like the next pictures. but I am just not sure about it. Now that I look at the original picture maybe it will be ok once the circles are on it, I am planning on doing the dark border, but I need to know what you think, should I rearrange some more, are there too many lights, or mediums or what. I really want this to be a big hit with her, but I'd like some opinions.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

Laura the first thing that catches my eye is that in the bottom right hand corner it looks like the lights and darks are going on a diagonal where as in the rest it seems more evenly spaced.  It may just be a trick of the light hitting that corner as opposed to the top left, can you take a pic from the other end lol.  I think once you get the circles on it will be fine though.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930

By the way, Laura it will be beautiful and they will love it cause it came from you.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 4:04 PM

Thanks Marilyn,  I just finished a block with the applique on it and this is what they will look like.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 475

As Marilyn said ....she will love it...and the circles are great.... I personally would not have the patience to do all that applique

Grayce

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use