Pacific West Quilt Show in Tacoma

rated by 0 users
This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2011 10:13 PM

Had the chance to spend Fri at the APWQ show in Tacoma! What a blast! There were around 200 juried quilts plus another display of challenge quilts, and wearable quilts and art quilts and shopping, and classes, and lectures and it was WONDERFUL! Took a lecture with Susan Purney Mark from Victoria who does her own dying, it was amazing. I really would like to take a class with her. And Bob Purcell from Superior Threads was fantastic. I was amazed at the number of art quilts, very few traditional, and those were mostly applique. One gorgeous wedding ring quilt.  The vendors were mostly selling batiks, I have never seem so many different batiks and hand dyes and hand marbled fabric, and silks and I really restrained myself and only spent $125 on fabric, but I could have gone crazy! Also went to the Glass Museum which I had been to before buy my friend had never seen it. And we finished off the weekend with an afternoon shopping at the Seattle Outlets. The 2 winners quilts were incredible, totally incredible! It was just one of the best weekends ever.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 153
Points 3,410
Pat replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 4:33 PM

Laura, I'm so jealous...I've been wanting to go to that show for ages! It sounds like it was an absolutely wonderful time!

I'm impressed though - only $125....I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to do that :)

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use