This post has 57 Replies | 6 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,137
Points 40,875
Marilyn B replied on Mon, May 23 2011 5:20 AM

Pat:
Alas! too many ideas, too little time. LOL
Yes Pat I know what you mean.  I would like to do another block as well but....the list of to dos is huge and the weather was actually not raining two days in a row so got out into my weed patch.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

This is so cool!  I wish I'd have been tuned in to this Board prior to you guys getting your Canadian blocks done.  They look fantastic!

Kim in Calgary

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,137
Points 40,875
Marilyn B replied on Wed, May 25 2011 7:07 AM

Kim it is not too late.  We decided that it was too small to warrent a trip to Ottawa so we are extending and accepting blocks at least till the end of the summer.  Just remember the finished size is 10 inch so make them 10-1/2 inch to allow for seaming.  Can't wait to see the blocks you guys come up with. 

Louise glad your baby is coming come.  Can't wait to see your block.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 580
Louise replied on Wed, May 25 2011 9:33 AM

Marylin

I will be picking up my machine this afternoon. 

Did I mention that we got a new puppy?  His name is Dozer ( as in bulldozer) , he is 10 weeks old this Friday, and is a Brindle Boxer.  So needless to say, I have not had much sleep for the past 2 weeks! lol  Last night, he surprised me big time, I went to bed at 8:00 (I was dog tired) , he went to bed at 10:00 and he did not get up until 5:00!  So he slept 7 whole hours!  Now let's not forget that he sleeps during the day too, like right now!

Have a great day ladies, and I will get my block done ASAP!

Louise

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Wed, May 25 2011 12:30 PM

Woo hoo!  I'm glad to hear that Marilyn.  Since I live in Alberta, I shall dream up something for my block.  Would it be okay if there was some machine embroidery on the block?  If not, no worries.

Thanks!

Kim in Calgary

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,137
Points 40,875
Marilyn B replied on Wed, May 25 2011 12:44 PM

Kim it is whatever you want it to be, embroidery, pieced, applique, a combo...whatever your little heart desires.

Paris, Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Wed, May 25 2011 12:58 PM

I'm just so excited!  Thanks so much Marilyn.  I will get back to you once I get the block done...

Kim

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 525
Effie replied on Thu, May 26 2011 7:32 PM

I'm looking forward to seeing your block Kim. I'm still hoping to get inspired and find some time to make a Niagara block.

Congratulations on the new puppy Louise. Puppies are so much fun and they're sooo cute.

Effie

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:22 AM

Hi Effie.  I hope to conjure up a block that depicts Alberta....I'm looking forward to seeing your Niagara block!

Kim

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Fri, May 27 2011 10:49 PM

Go Effie, Kim and Louise!! You can do it!! Sew, sew Sew!!!!!!!( can you tell I just finished watching the hockey game??)

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Fri, May 27 2011 11:04 PM

Hi Laura.  Which game - Boston v. TB or the Memorial Cup game?

Kim

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 3,375
Pat replied on Sat, May 28 2011 12:04 AM

Hey, Laura - can definitely tell you were watching a hockey game - isn't this what we live for for most of the year? (Besides our quilting, that is)

Now for the big series - Vancouver vs Boston. I think I'm going to need major amounts of nitroglycerin to stave off heart failure if it's anything like the rest of the Vancover games....

Unfortunately, I see the Kootenay Ice lost to Missisauga in the Memorial Cup, and earlier this year, my home town Vernon Vipers didn't win the RBC Cup this year.

Ah well, this keeps life interesting :)

I agree with Laura - keep on sewing!!! but without any stress.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 40
Points 580
Louise replied on Sat, May 28 2011 8:06 PM

You had better believe that I am working on the block!  I am sewing my fingers to the bone! lol

Page 4 of 4 (58 items) Prev1234
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use