new quilt store

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 125
Joanne Posted: Tue, Aug 16 2011 8:08 AM

Just wanted to let people know in southern Ontario area that there is a new quilt shop--in Norwich.  Its called Seven Sisters Quilt Shop and has been open about a month and 1/2 give or take. Good website as well and they are on Facebook.

www.sevensistersquilting.biz

I visited it last week and was impressed with the selection for sure. They are already running classes and are in the process of getting a quilt guild started.

Joanne

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,137
Points 40,875
Marilyn B replied on Tue, Aug 16 2011 11:48 AM

Joanne you should have called I could have met you there.  I have not been there but they are not more than 25 minutes from me so I will be checking them out.  I work in Delhi and it is not that far of a drive to cut thru there on my way home.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Posts 7
Points 50

Thanks for the info -- I live in London but Norwich is just a nice day trip from here about 45 minutes.  Will have to take a ride on a sunny day.  Thanks

Joan

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 35
pattcan1 replied on Thu, Nov 1 2012 10:16 PM

Hi Joan,

I was born in London but now we live in BC.

I am very new to quilting. Soooo much to learn. I have made some lap quilts but have not done a larger one yet. I have been reading a lot about crazy quilting, and that sounds really easy. I do have a embroidering machine also.

Pat

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 655

I haven't been to visit this group for a long time.  I'm having a little problem with figuring out how to post and how to read others posts.  

Pat, I live on Vancouver Island.  Are you an Islander too?  It would be fun to find someone who is close by.

I've just posted most of the quilting projects I completed in 2012 on my Facebook site and found that I have made 13 (mostly lap quilts, but also a couple of seasonal wall hangings) so far. That's not including the donation pillowcases or the 7 donation casserole holders made for a local service club craft sale.  There is another fairly large lap quilt that just needs a couple more blocks to complete and then I can add the sashing and borders and quilt it.  It's a BOM quilt and I haven't received Nov or Dec blocks yet or it would be done now.  I'm trying to finish the year without any UFO's and I will make it if I can just get the last couple of blocks from the BOM.

Marilyn, I would love to participate in a group project and will put my thinking cap on for a suggestion.  Right now, nothing is circulating in my brain.  We are going to be Snowbirds for the first time and so our home is in a bit of a tizzy as we prepare to head out later this month.  I'm taking a machine or maybe two and plan to join a hand applique group and a stack n' whack group at the Park we will be staying in.  

More palaver than I intended.  

Leslie on Vancouver Island

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 227
Points 3,500
Pat replied on Tue, Dec 18 2012 3:16 AM

Hi, havent been visiting this group for a long time.  Just saw your post, yes I live on Vancouver Island, actually Victoria.  Where about are you on the island.  It  would be nice to have someone that lives close.  My son used to live up near Campbell River.  Your stack n' whack group sounds fun.  I  have so much material and have so many ideas but seem to be having a hard time settling down.  I just joined the seniors centre and find that  is helping lots.  Hope to hear from you soon, and Merry Christmas Pat (from the Island)

Pat   From Canada

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 655

Hi Pat.  Glad to hear you are on the Island.  I live in Chemainus-moved there from Calgary 8 years ago.  It was a big change, but we love the smaller community.  We are currently in Yuma for the sun as to my surprise, the grey skies make me depressed.  

I started hand applique, but doubt that it will become a passion.  I'm not giving up on it yet though.  Also have cut out the blocks for the Stack and Whack and I believe I will go whacky trying to put them together.  I am a perfectionist (currently working on getting over not being able to produce perfection in the quilts I make) and I believe that my Kaleidoscope must be wonky as each block seems to have at least one of the triangles out of sinc.  If you stand back, the overall look is pretty.  Anyway, I am glad to have the fabric cut and well on its way to becoming a quilt.  

I understand about the amount of fabric and where to start as I have had to stop buying fabric until I make up some of the fabric in my sewing room.  I think the quilt shops could be in financial trouble. lol

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a great start to the New Year.  Nanaimo Quilters Guild is having a Quilt Show in May and perhaps that is something we could meet at.  

Leslie (in Yuma)

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use