Where in Canada are you?

rated by 0 users
This post has 40 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Do you?  I have nothing really to compare it to.  I've been a member for a long time (I pay $65.00 per month, but my grandson is also included in my membership) and I go quite often.  I just find there are so many great things that the Y offers - it's more than just the gym workout for sure. 

Kim

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 66
Points 740

Last time I looked into it, they told me $86 monthly.

I had a membership with World Health Club in Edgemont that was $34 every to weeks. Glad it has expired we used it twice in 1 year, we are not into contracts anymore. lol!

Ashley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

That surprises me.  I have just a general membership - perhaps the extra $ was for a members-plus - which has an upgraded change room, steam and sauna I think.

At any rate, I hear you!  You do have to be sure you're going to use something before you commit to pay for it.

I'm heading back to Calgary here soon Ashley.  Have a great Sunday and hope to see you soon.

Kim

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

And Ashley - one more thing.  Are you on Facebook?

Kim

• Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 66
Points 740
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 4:01 PM

Hi, Ashley - greetings from Armstrong BC.

You Albertans are going to have to keep the weather nice for the first 2 weeks of September - heading out your way :) :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 66
Points 740

Hello,

I will try to do my best, it suppose to rain here wednesday for a few days.

What is out this way for you? I hope you have safe travels! :)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Sun, Aug 28 2011 9:57 PM

Welcome Ashley. How cool that you and Kim are going to be able to meet!! I am a member of the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild. I'm sorry to hear your guild stopped meeting, we have so much fun with our guild, it's only a year old, and still small (about 25-30) but we do have a good time together.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Mon, Aug 29 2011 12:36 AM

Both Calgary and Edmonton, plus visiting some relatives in southern Alberta, and north of Calgary.

Hoping to catch a couple of days at Spruce Meadows (I've got Nation's Cup day circled on my calender :) :) )

Rain wouldn't be bad to cool things down - temps here the past few days have been 31C to 34C

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hey Pat!  Have a great time while you're on vacation in both Calgary and Edmonton.  I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Kim in Calgary

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Sat, Sep 3 2011 12:22 AM

Thank you, Kim - I am SOOOO looking forward to the holiday. It's been an extremely stressful year, and this will just recharge the batteries (infusions of fabric, the odd glass of wine, new scenery, and no schedules!!! :) :)

Page 3 of 3 (41 items) Prev123
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use