Canadiana Blocks

rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,138
Points 40,880
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 10:46 AM

Ok, the quilt is done except for the label.  If no one else is volunteering I shall do it but can you all please send me the correct spelling of your names and city and province so I make no spelling mistakes.  I am pondering doing it by computer on fabric as my hand writing and printing sucks.  I will post pics as soon as the glue that is holding the flag to the stick dries.  Hopefully by this evening.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:32 AM

Good Sunday morning to you Marilyn.  I'm so sorry that you have to do the label.  Kim Hanson Calgary, Alberta.  Thanks so very much for all your time and effort put into our Canadiana quilt.

Kim

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,138
Points 40,880
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:25 PM

No problem Kim, I don't mind doing the label, just thought if someone else enjoyed doing it...

Here are the picks.  DH did the photographing and he got close ups of each block so you can see the wonder work Effie did.  I put a small hanging sleeve on the back, you can sort of see it flipped up at the top of the big pick.  You all did a wonderful job.  The gal from Quilter's Connection asked me to let her know when it was done as they may put a pic of it in the next issue so I will contact her.  Well Done All.

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,138
Points 40,880
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:27 PM

oops forgot the closeup of the mountie, his flagpole is a skewer and the flag is an embroidery that is loose, just taked on top around the pole.

Paris, Ontario

• Post Points: 50
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 45
Points 670

Thank you Marilyn for all the effort you have made to organize and now binding and labelling the quilt.  Also thanks to all the designers, block makers and the FMQer.  It is lovely.  I haven't been involved with the quilt, but think it is very lovely.  The close-ups show us the quilting and we can see  just how much the quilting sets each block off.  

I really hope it gets printed in Quilter's Connection magazine.  

Leslie on Vancouver Island.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

The Mountie is fabulous!  What a guy!

Kim

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Hi Leslie!  Nice to see your photo...

Kim

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 152
Points 3,375
Pat replied on Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:16 PM

Looks fabulous, Marilyn - awesome job :)

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 26
Points 525
Effie replied on Fri, Oct 5 2012 7:45 AM

l love the flag. It's the finishing touch. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. The weather forecast for the Niagara region this weekend isn't the greatest but it will be good to have the turkey dinner with all the kids & grandkids.

Effie

Page 10 of 10 (144 items) «Prev678910
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use