Canadiana Blocks

rated by 0 users
This post has 143 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Tue, Sep 27 2011 9:59 PM

Marilyn, Monty is super cute! Glad you are feeling better too, that silly chronic stuff we have to deal with sometimes can be a real downer. And work, well, that just gets in the way all the time. How can anyone be creative when they have to be at work????

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Fri, Sep 30 2011 5:28 PM

Marilyn - you did a great job on Monty.

If I lived closer I'd give you a hand - off work for at least a month.

Glad you're feeling better - being ill is NOT fun.

Take care

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 490
Points 9,250
Darlene replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 4:23 PM

Marilyn

Monty turned out fabulous.I have been searching for the pattern as my son asked for a quilt he can use on the bus when they are travelling and I thought this would be a surprise for him for Christmas.You are doing a great job on these blocks.

Darlene (2manyhorses)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:04 PM

Thanks Darlene.  I have not had a chance to work on it lately but hopefully in the coming weeks I can get it done.  I do want it out of my UFO pile LOL.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 10:44 AM

Yay!!! am finally cleared to sew again by the Dr.!

Do you need any more Canadian blocks, Marilyn? I'm still off work, and should be able to get one designed and sewn if you need any more. I'm going back to finishing off a quilt for "Quilts of Valour", but that shouldn't take me too long - I'm at the point where I can sew the binding on.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 12:29 PM

Pat:
Yay!!! am finally cleared to sew again by the Dr.!

Pat that is wonderful.  YES I would love another block to go beside Miss Mouse.  Here is how the layout is so far.  If you want me to move your blocks around just say the word.  I will have them all sashed eventually and I may use a different colour, perhaps the red to add a border to the mountie.

Paris, Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640

Marilyn - Personally, love the layout!  Nice job and I think the quilt will look great when it's put together.  Thanks ever so much for all the work you are doing on this project - it is very much appreciated.

Kim in Calgary

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Sun, Oct 16 2011 7:22 PM

Thanks Kim.  I am loving it.  The home ec teacher wants me to bring it in to show her class.  She wants to do a story quilt with them.  I will get it all together first.

Paris, Ontario

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 428
Points 7,640
Kim Hanson replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 10:16 AM

Thanks interesting.  What exactly is a story quilt Marilyn?

Kim in Calgary

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 12:53 PM

Kim Hanson:

Thanks interesting.  What exactly is a story quilt Marilyn?

Kim in Calgary

It is like what we are doing...each block tells part of the story.  Ours is a story of Canada.  The kids will do representations of whatever.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 156
Points 3,485
Pat replied on Mon, Oct 17 2011 4:38 PM

The layout looks awesome, Marilyn!! You've done a great job!

Thank you for all the work you've put into it!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 27
Points 475

I completely agree with everyone else...the work you have done Marilyn is fabulous.. I really hate creative people,...like the ones who did the landscape squares...they have done a wonderful job...

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Wed, Oct 19 2011 6:00 AM

Thanks Grayce and yes they are very creative people.

Paris, Ontario

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,930
Marilyn B replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:05 PM

Hi guys.  I went to the CreativFestival in Toronto last weekend.  I met a lot of nice people there.  One of the people I met was the editor of The Canadian Quilter.  I told her what we were doing and that we would like to present to someone in Ottawa.  She said if we got it arranged she would love to put us in their summer magazine.  I think that would be fantastic but we need to do a couple of things first....aside from me getting the blocks together.  I have gone thru the blocks again and see that we have Alberta, B.C. and Ontario covered but we are missing a few provinces.  I would love another 4 blocks on top of the one Pat is doing but I would like them from out East if possible or from a province not already represented. 

You guys out East.  If you do not have the time to do a block, if you could send us a drawing, idea, scan something that you would like one of us to put together we can do that.  I would be happy to try my hand at making your idea into a block.

If you know someone in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, PEI, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Labrador/Newfoundland or in the Territories or Nunavut, ask for a design that we can stitch up.  I would really like to have a few more provinces represented.  If we get 8 more blocks I will just add 2 to a side.

Paris, Ontario

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 162
Points 3,675
Laura replied on Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:17 PM

Marilyn, I did do one for BC and one for Sask, the prairie fields and fence. So Sask is covered too.

Asking a quilter to mend something is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

Page 3 of 10 (144 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use