rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,558
Points 377,182
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 4 2013 1:29 PM

Nice work ladies.

I'm still on the fence with this project.I purchased fabrics but that's as far as I've gotten,

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 12:12 AM

Everyone's blocks are looking so great and I love your color combo's.

I am really bringing up the rear on this one...lol!

I finally got an Inklingo compatible printer last weekend on Black Friday (and in Oregon with no SST...Whoopy).  So, not only am I getting acquainted with a new printer but this is also my first time really using Inklingo.  I had a very slow start, but I think I am finally getting the hang of it all and almost have all the pieces for Clue #1 printed and cut...after the washing and pressing.  (Wish I had done the washing and pressing beforehand, but silly me didn't realize just how time-consuming that little chore would be!)

Maybe I will actually get a few blocks sewn together before Clue #2 is released on Friday...LOL! Wish me luck...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 7:05 AM

Donna B you can do it!!!   You got the hard stuff done already :-)

Exactly what is a Inklingo printer??  Never heard of it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 11:22 AM

Helen:

Donna B you can do it!!!   You got the hard stuff done already :-)

Exactly what is a Inklingo printer??  Never heard of it.

Helen, I  said...an Inklingo "compatible" printer.  I bought a regular Canon Office printer.  If you look at Quiltville.com and the Celtic Solstice page, there is a lot of information and links to Inklingo - which is another method for cutting your quilt pieces.  BUT, with Inklingo you have your cutting & sewing lines printed on the back of the fabric.  I'm not very good at explaining it all, but if you read the info it will be more clear.  Kris has been using Inklingo for several years and loves it!  I have used it a bit for EPP, but this is my first attempt with machine quilting.  

One major advantage with Inklingo is that it is very PRECISE!

I was unlucky enough to have an HP printer that absolutely HATED printing the freezer paper/fabric combination.  After trying all the suggestions I could find, I finally gave up and just bought a different printer (just for Inklingo & my sewing room).

Most of my "issues" now are just getting used to the process.  So hopefully I will be on a roll now!  (Other than the King size Nana-tent I am also working on for a Christmas present...LOL!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 11:29 AM

Kris:

Nice work ladies.

I'm still on the fence with this project.I purchased fabrics but that's as far as I've gotten,

Kris, you can't sit on the fence on this project!  I need you here...LOL!!!

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 4:54 PM

Thanks Donna for the info.  I will look into it.  Let me know if you find it easier to do and if there is a lot of fabric waste. 

Have we convinced you yet Kris!!  Climb off the fence and join us!

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 9:42 PM

Done with all the blocks and just in time for part 2.  (only a preview of the blocks. They are all done.)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Dec 5 2013 11:36 PM

Helen:

Thanks Donna for the info.  I will look into it.  Let me know if you find it easier to do and if there is a lot of fabric waste. 

Helen, actually there is very little waste.

I made some progress today!  Completed 8 Neutral blocks and 1 Orange block (just for fun)...and I have about 2 dozen A's & C's pinned and ready to sew tomorrow.  

I was very pleased with how accurate the blocks turned out!  I checked all 9 and only 1 needed a slight shaving on one corner.  This is a BIG improvement for me!!!

But, I have an early morning dental appt and the King size nana-tent (LOL) is still in the sandwiching stage.  I really need to get that to the fmq stage very soon!   I'll be sure and check out Bonnie's Clue #2 tomorrow and print out the instructions, but I probably won't do anything with it until early next week.  

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,558
Points 377,182
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:36 AM

Debra, pretty fabrics. I love your mug BTW.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,558
Points 377,182
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:40 AM

Donna B:
Kris, you can't sit on the fence on this project!  I need you here...LOL!!!

Donna I'm still here even if not actively sewing. I bought the collection and I have fabric...

Helen:

LOL. When I got up this AM I was thinking "step two today."

Helen:
Let me know if you find it easier to do and if there is a lot of fabric waste. 

Inklingo has very little waste. The beauty of it is that you don't have to think of measuring just print cut and sew. Linda has a great tutorial demonstrating the many ways to tackle this project. Print all, print some or print none of the fabric depending on your preferences. Printing all is most accurate.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:19 PM

When I have some down time I will do some research on Inkling.  It sounds very interesting. 

Has step 2 been posted yet?  Or will it be posted later because of Bonnie being on her way to Germany?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 2:53 PM

Nevermind I found it on the Quilting Board.  Chevrons are next.

Kris I watched the video for Inklingo on Linda's website.  It looks great.  I will try printing out a page this weekend to see how it works.  Thanks for the info :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,588
Points 48,330

Well I got the orange/blue blocks sewn, cut out the blue/neutral but no sewing. I printed Step  2 while at work. I just got home and am trying to get myself motivated off the couch. Sitting here with a cup of decaf doing some web surfing. I have so many things I should be doing, LOL, maybe I'll sit here and wait for Kris to jump off her fence. This is my first Bonnie Hunter MQ and I didn't expect such tiny pieces. My eyesight isn't the best so I have been doing some frogging. Rip-it, rip-it!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,498
Points 41,535
Mimi replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 4:16 PM

Pat Lancaster:
This is my first Bonnie Hunter MQ

I'm glad you joined Pat.  It get easier as she puts the smaller pieces together.  But she does have a lot of pieces to her quilts.  I've just downloaded the directions for part 2 but probably won't get to cutting or sewing until after our church Christmas program next Sunday.  I haven't yet completed all of step 1 yet either.  Last year she gave an easier step during Christmas week.  Hope she does that again this year.  My Easy Street MQ (last year's) is still waiting to be assembled. LOL  Just uncovered it the other day.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Fri, Dec 6 2013 9:47 PM

Thanks Kris. :) I am a big time 'Outlander' fan. Have you read the series?

Getting on to step 2 tomorrow and cutting out the Naturals again. The week of Christmas I will be really busy with family so I am afraid I will fall behind then. So I want to keep up with it until then. 

Kris:

Debra, pretty fabrics. I love your mug BTW.

Page 8 of 21 (301 items) «Prev678910Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use