Quiltville Mystery Quilt....Celtic Solstice

rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

I just got started this weekend.  Had to finish up a quilt along project with a deadline. That's done, but now I'm having problems with Santa's Elves.  They keep reminding me that Christmas is only a few weeks away and I have sewing to do to finish some presents.  I have to sneak in my Bonnie Hunter sewing !  Anyone else having problems with the Elves???

I got 3/4 of Step 1 done.  Switched out Bonnie's orange for hot pink. Everything else is the same. I did favor neutrals/shirting fabrics with some light red pattern to go along with my pink. Step 2 is all cut.  I put together a couple chevrons just to see how they look. 

Everyone's blocks are looking great!!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Kris:
I'm in the same boat with you. I actually pulled out MQ 4 as my possible UFO for December.

LOL. I have at least 3 MQs on my list, not sure if I did 4 or not. I need to be able to get something finished so I break even on the pile of tops. I'm assuming I get this done. 400 2" squares, yikes! With all the holiday stuff going on I am starting to hyperventilate, HaHa.  

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 7:57 PM

Judy & Dogs:

I just got started this weekend.  Had to finish up a quilt along project with a deadline. That's done, but now I'm having problems with Santa's Elves.  They keep reminding me that Christmas is only a few weeks away and I have sewing to do to finish some presents.  I have to sneak in my Bonnie Hunter sewing !  Anyone else having problems with the Elves???

I got 3/4 of Step 1 done.  Switched out Bonnie's orange for hot pink. Everything else is the same. I did favor neutrals/shirting fabrics with some light red pattern to go along with my pink. Step 2 is all cut.  I put together a couple chevrons just to see how they look. 

Everyone's blocks are looking great!!

Looking lovely Judy!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 9:18 PM

Helen:
Decided to sew a few blocks to see how they would look..  The neutrals look greenish but they are beige.  Even the yellows don't show true in the picture.

I really like your colours Helen. 

Helen:
Kris you will  have your blocks handsewn in no time and hopefully the position is better for your back.

Thanks. I got 10 sewn. I've been lazy about it plus I'm distracted by football.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 1:30 PM

I sewed some step one today. I have about 10 of each base colour. I'm off to work.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 1:33 PM

Kris they are very striking! Love that red!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 9 2013 6:07 PM

Thanks Helen.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 8:14 AM

Thanks everyone...

Kris, The red really pops with that black. You are gonna have a great quilt!

I have the green all cut now .....On to the sewing. (To bad we have to work... spoils my sewing time. lol)

Deb

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Tue, Dec 10 2013 4:47 PM

Thanks Debra.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 2:08 PM

WooHoo I got step 2 done!  Lots of work and so happy this step is over :-)  Now to find those Christmas cards and start writing!!

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Dec 11 2013 9:43 PM

Great job Helen! They look really scrappy too. :) ♥ I have the neutrals sewn on but not the yellows yet. I will just keep pluggin away. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Way to go, Helen!  Your first 2 steps look great.  

I'm still working on my chevrons--still need to add the yellow to half of them and then sew them all together. That's not going to happen until the end of the week.  On the bright side, I'm a lot further along than I expected to be at this point!  :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Kris-- your black, red and white blocks look great.  Brave woman to head out on a totally different color way!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 11:53 AM

I salute all of you who are waiting for the next step.  I finally have all pieces cut and ready for assembly (I just found another orange I may use).  I keep going through the stash in it's many, many hiding places and find more fabrics I want to use.  Yesterday I found 2 pieces - a blue with paw prints and an orange with lime green sort-of flowers.  The paw prints was washed, the orange wasn't.  I cut more blues last night and plan to wash the orange with more yardage today.  I am trying to wash most of stash to have it ready for future quilts.  I guess I will have extra blocks, but am sure can use them for matching pillows or another project.  Maybe this time I will actually get this quilt done.  I usually drop out of Bonnie's quilts after the first sewing step because of more important projects.  If I use this one for a college quilt, it will be done!!!  That is the only trick I have up my sleeve now for these incomplete quilts.  The college quilts have a deadline in the Spring, so maybe I will move my machine out by the wood stove and stay warm while quilting.  Need to move a few piles of wood first!  Future sewing room is way too cold for using yet.  Need to get some insulation installed, but not when it is 7 degrees out there!!!

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:20 PM

Judy & Dogs:

Kris-- your black, red and white blocks look great.  Brave woman to head out on a totally different color way!!

Thanks Judy. I don't think I've ever used the suggested colour way with any of Bonnie's projects.

Page 10 of 21 (301 items) «Prev89101112Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use