Bonnie Hunter Mystery Easy Street

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,591
Points 118,860

Thanks Marsha, I appreciate the input. I'm not going to go any further with step 7 until I see the next steps and how the "green" is used. But I really think I'm going to go with something different than green or gold.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 2:47 PM

Don't know if the post about the nineteen 5 1/2 squares came through the site.  I was short when I started to make up the #2 triangle unit packets by 12 quarter square triangles.  I needed to cut three more squares to make up for the shortage.

Here is a sample of my step 7 and the triangle units.  Only have one of the #2 triangle unit pieced.  Colors are way off but you get the idea.  Tomorrow we will get the reveal.  And my guess.....not even close.

Judy & Dogs, Why did you have to tell us about another mystery quilt?  It was too tempting.  I've cut that out and am ready for that tomorrow too.  LOL

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:05 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Completed Step 7. I had cut gold instead of green. I laid out the triangle in step 7 using the gold. Don't like it. So I cut sample triangles out of green. Don't like that either. I should say, it's not that I don't like them, it's that these really aren't my kind of color combinations. I love the teal/purple/black but not the addition of the gold or green so prominately. I I HAD to use either gold or green I would probably change to the green.

Judy,

I like both combos but I'm partial to the gold. The green (from the photos anyway) seems washed out while the gold is vibrant.

I think this is it. Tomorrow morning she shows us how it's put together. 

I can't wait to work on this tomorrow.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:07 PM

Mimi:
Here is a sample of my step 7 and the triangle units. 

Very nice Mimi.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 3:31 PM

Kris, I got your message about step 3 half square triangles even though it doesn't show up here.  Those go on the very top of #1 triangle units.  I did those. 

Here's the math.  5 quarter square triangles x 12 unit #2 triangles = 60 quarter square triangles.  Then each unit #1 triangle needs 4 quarter square triangles.  That's 16 more.  60 + 16 = 76 quarter square triangles.   16 x 4 = 64.  That's why I was 12 short.  76 divided by 4 = 19.  Hope this goes through and it's clear.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Mimi:
Judy & Dogs, Why did you have to tell us about another mystery quilt?  It was too tempting.  I've cut that out and am ready for that tomorrow too.  LOL

Mimi--looking good!  Now that you know your guess wasn't right can we see it?   

So you doing the New Years Quilt too?  Awesome.  She just posted the first step so folks in Australia can start sewing....

Judy T--I'm partial to your green!  Can't wait to see what else you pull out of your stash ..... :-)

Gotta go sew!!  I've only put the geese and blocks together so far. 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 4:52 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Now that you know your guess wasn't right can we see it?   

I promised Kris I wouldn't show anything until the reveal.  But I still think part of my idea is going to be in the block.  So I'll share tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up on the first step on the New Year's Quilt.  Here are my fabrics. This is what's left over once I cut the directed pieces.  The last one on the right is much lighter than it shows.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:03 PM

Mimi:
Kris, I got your message about step 3 half square triangles even though it doesn't show up here.  Those go on the very top of #1 triangle units.  I did those. 

Mimi,

I deleted the message since Bonnie updated the directions for step six.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 5:21 PM

Mimi:
Here are my fabrics. This is what's left over once I cut the directed pieces.  The last one on the right is much lighter than it shows.

I like these Mimi.

Was it you who posted the link to this? Well, whoever it was I blame you for my starting yet another project.

I looked at the first step and I think I'll make this. Probably not tomorrow but I'll gather my scraps later this week.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Mea culpa Kris--I posted the link!  There are several of us doing it now.  Do you think we start a new thread for the 2013 New Years Mystery quilt so we don't clutter up this conversation?  Or should we just e-mail each other?

Mimi--OK, I'll wait for tomorrow to see what you were thinking.  Tomorrow is already almost here anyway!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,726
Points 364,652
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:17 PM

We could ask Nana to start a thread for us.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Kris:

Good idea Kris.  I sent her a message to see what she suggests.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Judy & Dogs:

Kris:

Good idea Kris.  I sent her a message to see what she suggests.

We are good to go . Nana has started a new thread in Scrap Happys called 2013 New Years Day Mystery Quilt. 

Mimi--can you also post your fabrics there so we can have them all in one place? Thanks!!

Here are 4 of my large triangles and the 4 small ones. All that is going to get done today!!  I wasn't sure how these fabrics were going look together but I'm happy with how it is coming together so far.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:13 PM

They do look nice. I have 8  large and 4 small. And two laid out. I might try to get those done before I  stop for the night. I am also happy with how mine is coming. This is fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,453
Points 40,785
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:14 PM

Judy & Dogs:
I wasn't sure how these fabrics were going look together but I'm happy with how it is coming together so far.

It sure is looking good Judy.  Your colors work well together.  I got 7 large triangles and the 4 smaller triangles finished tonight.  Need to do at least one block tomorrow but then I've really got to start on the kitchen purge.  Is it natural to want to throw out all the 40 year old things when getting your kitchen remodeled?  I hope so because I'm really going to down size.

Page 14 of 22 (326 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use