rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 3:29 AM

Kris,

This is a nice  combination. Are the brown fabrics reproduction?

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 3:50 AM

dardar:
This is a nice  combination. Are the brown fabrics reproduction?

Thanks. All except the lighter brown and the floral patterned ones are reproduction.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 9:02 AM

Kris:
My step five pieces are sewn.

Beautious Kris.  I love the repro fabrics. WTG.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Like your blocks, Kris.  Great colors!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 26 2012 5:59 PM

Thanks Judy and Mimi.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Here's my Step 6 for Easy Street and some of the "extra credit" blocks. In this photo the colors are really washed out from the lights in the room.  I added a new background fabric with tiny stars. Not 30s but then the big stars aren't either. Bonnie commented on theses blocks having motion and I think the new fabric does that.  I have a big bag of parts but not seeing how this is going to come together. Looks like we'll know soon!  Can't wait to see the step on New Year's Eve AM. 

Anyone going to give the http://quilting.about.com/od/Mystery-Quilts/ss/2013-New-Years-Day-Mystery-Quilt-Pattern.htm 2013 New Years Day Mystery Quilt a go?  I'm going to give it a try.  Need my head examined!!   I'm getting together with some friends to socialize and sew like crazy!  Some of my guild it the 2012 New Years Day Mystery and it was great. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Judy & Dogs:
Anyone going to give the http://quilting.about.com/od/Mystery-Quilts/ss/2013-New-Years-Day-Mystery-Quilt-Pattern.htm 2013 New Years Day Mystery Quilt a go?  I'm going to give it a try.  Need my head examined!!  

Looks very interesting that she will release instructions every  1-1/2 hours or so. Not sure if I'll do it but it's tempting. A mystery just calls to me.  Judy & Dogs, I think I'm in your category and also need my head examined!

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:15 PM

Judy & Dogs:
 Can't wait to see the step on New Year's Eve AM. 

Me either, Judy.  Your tiny stars are so cute.  And you're all finished with step 6.  Good for you.  I've been playing with the pieces and I think I have an idea of the way it's going to go together. especially now that she's added those corner triangles in green.  I was looking at another pattern the other day and the pieces just jumped out at me.  I'm no spoiler so don't be looking for it but I'm taking a picture so you can see what I thought.  I'll post it after the reveal.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Mimi:
I'm taking a picture so you can see what I thought.

Go for it Mimi!  Will love to see what you've come up with after the reveal! Glad you like the little stars. I had them out when I first started cutting the initial steps. As time has gone on, the quilt has added more fabrics and gotten scrappier.  A good thing, I think.

Judy T--Sounds like your tempted...I've already started cutting the New Year Mystery.  I figure it is just a one day commitment!  Well, except....  Never mind...                                        Will contemplate the resulting New Year's UFO at some later date!  ;o)   

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:00 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Here's my Step 6 for Easy Street and some of the "extra credit" blocks.

Pretty. WTG getting it done.

I've got all my strips sets sewn. Just need to cut them into segments. Been doing chores today. Just came back from the supermarket. My least favourite thing to do and it's s**wing.

Judy & Dogs:
Anyone going to give the http://quilting.about.com/od/Mystery-Quilts/ss/2013-New-Years-Day-Mystery-Quilt-Pattern.htm 2013 New Years Day Mystery Quilt a go?

May have to pass on this one. Although, you never know.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:01 PM

Mimi:
I'm no spoiler so don't be looking for it but I'm taking a picture so you can see what I thought.  I'll post it after the reveal.

Thanks for waiting. I'm not a fan of spoilers.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,036
Points 369,052
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:51 AM

I've finished step six. I'm ready for Monday.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,933
Points 125,230

Completed Step 7. I had cut gold instead of green. I laid out the triangle in step 7 using the gold. Don't like it. So I cut sample triangles out of green. Don't like that either. I should say, it's not that I don't like them, it's that these really aren't my kind of color combinations. I love the teal/purple/black but not the addition of the gold or green so prominately. I I HAD to use either gold or green I would probably change to the green.

I have to head off to work but when I get home I'm going to try some dark blue sample triangles and see if I like that better. But I may have to wait until the next step to decide what I'm going to use.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:48 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I'm going to try some dark blue sample triangles and see if I like that better. But I may have to wait until the next step to decide what I'm going to use.

Judy T-Bellingham:
I love the teal/purple/black but not the addition of the gold or green so prominately. I I HAD to use either gold or green I would probably change to the green

Judy, I agree with you.  With your darker purples, the 2 colors seem to clash - maybe a "tamer" color will be better, but the layout may change the look - who knows what Bonnie has in mind.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:27 PM

Heads up.  I've just discovered that in step 6 we should have cut nineteen 5 1/2 inch squares.  Then those would be cut into quarter triangles. 

Page 13 of 22 (326 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use