Diamond Strings

rated by 0 users
This post has 163 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 9:43 PM

I am blown away by all the beautiful quilts and blocks that I am seeing.  All of you are doing an amazing job.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:10 PM

Nana:

I am blown away by all the beautiful quilts and blocks that I am seeing.  All of you are doing an amazing job.

Me, too Nana!!  Where did we get the idea that this group needed a leader?  All we had to do was offer an idea for a pattern, and then stand out of their way~~So pleased with the results so far~Judy, finished and quilted in a week?  All I can say is Wow to you all!  May as well show you my quilt (top only!)  I wanted to use the dark paisley for the sashings, and decided it didn't need anything else, like corner stones, it's busy enough.  I'm currently working on another version, cause I like this method so well~~great way to use all those strips I have piling up around here.  Here's the photo - keep up the good work~

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Sep 8 2012 10:13 PM

Judy,

I love your quilt!  The pink background and your border work so well together.

I have all of my blocks finished and have been playing around with layout.  I'm considering one very similar to yours.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 18,400

Very pretty quilt top Carol, it's going to be a beauty when completed. I will be able to get serious on my Diamond Strings tomorrow....finish up all my tubes and start cutting. Have not decided yet how I will arrange my blocks; I'll figure that out when they are all cut and on the design board.  Husband will be leaving at 3 AM for 3 weeks with the National Guard and I am going to do nothing but SEW!!! :)  I will have to take a break and feed the animals daily though..lol I hope to be able to show a picture of a completed quilt in a couple days.

Good night~ Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 5:29 AM

Carol,

I love what you've done with your quilt. Great sashing fabric too. I started picking out some strings so maybe I'll get started later this week. I'm off to bed.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Sheri Al--Glad you like my quilt and the layout!  Can't wait to see yours!

Erin--Have a great time sewing!  Looking forward to seeing you blocks. I loved the photo of your stash of strings that you posted last week. 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Carol:

Nana:

Me, too Nana!!  Where did we get the idea that this group needed a leader?  All we had to do was offer an idea for a pattern, and then stand out of their way~~So pleased with the results so far

Love the comments  Carol and Nana!   Thanks for being leaders!  We really appreciate what you do!  Keep these good ideas coming!  :-)

Great Diamond quilt, Carol--it really sparkles!  Beautiful!  You're doing a 3rd? Wow!  Looking forward to seeing it!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Carol -- lovely quilt.  I fussed and fumed about the design I was going to do and ended up going with my original plan of the "stars" one at the end of the instructions.  I have the center squares sewn up and hopefully will get the border finished this afternoon -- still trying to decide on the fabric.  Then I'll post a pic.  I'm determined to completely finish this one -- when I do it will be my very first completed quilt.  I'm so glad this group was started. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Judy, beautiful quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022

Carol, really love the dark sashing, very pretty quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 294
Points 3,235
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 12:55 PM

Judy:

Judy, your quilt is adorable.  I think I'd use it as a kitchen table topper when I have friends over for cake and coffee.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Well, here's mine. It looks rather primitive next to all yours, but since this is my first bias quilt, I'm not too unhappy with it.  I took the pic outside, so it shows up as white, but the solid squares are muslin.  It was a bear to sew the border to and I ended up basting around the quilt so I could pull the thread to tighten it up some.  Still have a few puckers, but hope they will disappear when its quilted.  Which won't be for a few days since I need to work on the Block of the Month square and that takes a dark thread.  It is 48 x 60", large enough to make a nice throw quilt, but hopefully not too large for me to quilt it myself. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Belfrybat!!  I LOVE IT!!   Love the pieced borders on the top and bottom and the blue for the outer border is just perfect with your blocks! It is so cheerful!! 

Those bias edges ARE a bear!  But you quilt looks good. 
Great job! 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 20,020
Carol replied on Sun, Sep 9 2012 6:50 PM

Belfreybat, I like it, looks great - your blue sets off the colors nicely.  You're going to quilt it yourself?  Very ambitious, good idea to start small,  I' ve  done a few small ones, but chicken to try big ones!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 18,400

Belfry Bat---when I look at this it makes me think of the ocean! The blues are so pretty; you've done a beautiful job so far!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Page 6 of 11 (164 items) «Prev45678Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use