June Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen Posted: Sat, Jul 21 2012 3:15 PM

Finally got my June Scrappy quilted.  Just need to make a label and sew on the binding.  Wanted to practice large feathers instead of meandering and am so happy with the results.  The beige is really a soft gold.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 182
Points 2,350
MizPat replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 5:00 PM

Hi Helen,

Your quilt is fantastic!  I really like your colors and your borders set it off perfectly.  Great Job!

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Very pretty, Helen! Love the colors in it. 

MaryAnn

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Sat, Jul 21 2012 6:34 PM

Helen, your quilt is absolutely lovely!  Congratulations.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,318
Points 18,450

Helen your quilt is beautiful!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 12:17 AM

Wow!

Helen, your quilting really turns this simple quilt pattern into something elegant!  Beautiful job!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Jul 22 2012 6:39 PM

Pretty quilt Helen. Nice work on the quilting.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,165
Nana replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 12:08 PM

Helen

Your quilting is fantastic.  I love all the feathers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 4:21 PM

Thanks so much Nana!

Thank you to those who commented on my quilt.  Feedback was great!  If I didn't compliment you it is not because I didn't like yours, because I have loved viewing each quilt and it's own personalities and I think they are all marvelous! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 7:24 PM

Very nice Helen.  Good job on your feathers, are you using your sewing machine?  If so, you are a very brave girl!  (I'm still working up my courage...lol!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 8:02 PM

Thank you Donna B.  I have a Baileys longarm which I am still learing on.  This is only my 11th quilt and do the happy dance when things work out well.  I have done a lot of FMQ using tracing paper and copying patterns and got real good at that but it is so time consuming copying and ripping and I would still be doing it if DH didn't suprise me with the longarm last year.  Take the plunge!  You will be so happy you did.  practice, practice and more practice is the only way to get good at it.  There is a website that you can watch how it is done and then practice the stitches, I think it is Day Style Designs.  Give her a try.  I have bought one of her books with all over designs to practice, just haven't gotten around to it with doing scrap happy and mystery quilts here (and enjoying every minute of it)  I am counting on you going to the site and trying it out!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Jul 23 2012 9:17 PM

I have officially declared my June scrappy a UFO and have taken it off the design wall.  All the pieces are done and ready to assemble and I'm real happy with the pattern that was revealed but I have no one to finish it for and I keep vascilating on HOW I want to finish it!  All the pieces are neatly stacked and sealed in a project bag waiting for a reason to complete it.  Having it up on the wall was really starting to make me crazy.  I was even pinning other smaller projects on top and pretending it wasn't really there!  It was hindering my creativity.  HA!  We don't want THAT!!  I even went so far as to put away the fabric I bought at the April shop hop, vacuum the sewing room AND I found the top of my desk!  Not sure how there was dust and cat hair under all that *stuff* but there sure was.   I feel so liberated!  :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Tue, Jul 24 2012 11:48 PM

Debbie,

you'll find inspiration to finish this one some other time. I think this one was asking for a time out. Congrats on getting tidied up. My room is sorely in need of the same. Not happening until (maybe) the weekend.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 355
Points 27,285

Well, I have finished m.y June Scrappy and used it as the back of a CQ made for a graduation gift.  The first picture below is the "front" of the quilt. 

Not a great picture but have been having problems with my camera and had to use my phone.  Finally got to post pictures from my camera.

And this is the June scrappy which I totally switched around and reversed color schemes to have a dark backgrund and a use of light and medium scraps.  All scraps and the background were batiks. 

The "strippy" border was added to make the scrappy back long enough for the CQ front.  I also had to add to the sides of the CQ to make the two go together.

All in all, very pleased with the results and looking forward to doing this again someday.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Wed, Jul 25 2012 8:12 AM

Darlene, you created a wonderful reversible quilt!  Very colorful!

Page 1 of 6 (88 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use