Step 2 and reveal June Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 438 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Max--love the scattered wonky stars embedded in your quilt.  Your backing fabric is so cool!

I also really like your creative quilt hanging--trouser hangers.  Great idea--they don't hurt the quilt or the wall!  Now if I only had some....  ;-)

MaxNTopeka:

Max

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:28 PM

Very pretty arrangement, Ginny

Ginny Lunsford:

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,465
safrmaz replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:33 PM

Here is my June scrappy.  I need a larger design wall.

• Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

Judy-Your Christmas cats quilt is adorable!

Tami- sorry your machine stopped working. Hope you have it fixed soon.

Kris- hope your migraine is gone.

One of my brothers saw a picture of ole scrappy on facebook and is trying to buy it from me.  So, I already know what he is getting for Christmas!! :)

I had to go to the grocery store and couldn't resist stopping by the fabric store. They always have new 'end of the bolt' fabrics for super cheap... I bought 6 more yards of fabric...LOL  My stash is growing quickly! I need to stop buying and start making some tops before my husband kills me...haha

I need to go make pasta salad, potato salad and baked beans for tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing some more beautiful scrappy's.  TTFN

Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,313
Points 18,420

beautiful Sheri!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,576
Points 47,495

Ginny, I love that layout!

Judy, yours is great!  Love those kitties.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,937
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:56 PM

Ginny L,

your arrangement is lovely. Nicely done. Thanks for the close-up of your fabrics. I really like them. WTG.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,937
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:57 PM

Judy:
Here's my Scrappy Christmas quilt ... with cats. There is a different cat in each corner.

I love it Judy. The cats are a nice touch. Makes me smile.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,576
Points 47,495

Sheri, I like yours too! 

And Max, great touch with the stars.

Nana, thanks for this mystery quilt. I just love it.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,937
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:59 PM

MaxNTopeka:
Kris--I hope your migraine is just a faded memory by now.  They are no fun.  You need to be smiling!

Feeling better today just a little tired. I'm on call so I'm resting up as much as possible. Haven't been to my sewing room at all today yet but after I have dinner I hope to get to work on this project.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,937
Kris replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 5:00 PM

Sheri A.:
Here is my June scrappy.  I need a larger design wall.

I like it Sheri. I like the little touches of orange throughout.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485

Ginny, I like how you arranged your blocks - shows how just a simple 9-patch and plain block can be arranged to make a unique quilt.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,666
Points 120,350

I've been playing around with the 9 patch blocks. I've decided cut them up into disappearing 9-patch. I did four of them to see if I'll like it. I do. I haven't decided on anything else yet. I may do alternating plain blocks or plain blocks with Max's star blocks. Maybe flying geese in the outer border. We'll see.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,036
Points 65,555
Robin replied on Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:40 PM

Ginny, Judy and Sheri  What great quilts!   I love how each of you have done something a little different.  I got my rows done hope to finish up tomorrow.  

Hope everyone else has a terrific evening.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,349
Points 28,485

Judy T-Bellingham:

I've been playing around with the 9 patch blocks. I've decided cut them up into disappearing 9-patch. I did four of them to see if I'll like it. I do. I haven't decided on anything else yet. I may do alternating plain blocks or plain blocks with Max's star blocks. Maybe flying geese in the outer border. We'll see.

Judy, I like how you put sashing between your blocks.  I have made several quilts with these disappearing 9 patches but have used 4" squares and no sashing.  I like the look of these with the smaller squares.  I need to try this for some wheelchair quilts because smaller pieces are better proportioned to the small quilts.  I have made 4 using the 4" squares, but don't really like how they look.  They are fine for their purpose.  Mine all have a light fabric for the center square which is cut to smaller squares.  I like yours with the darks in different sizes togther.  Thanks for the idea.  I will be "borrowing" it to use up more of my unending supply of scraps.  I get bored making too many quilts with the same pattern and block size.

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 30 (439 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use