Step 2 and reveal June Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 438 Replies | 32 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,706
Points 138,720

Max, great idea on adding the star blocks. I'm also going to make two lap quilts and have been rummaging around my brain for ideas using these great scrappy blocks.

Thanks Nana. I really love these blocks, they open up a world of possibilities or look fantastic just as they are.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 311
Points 7,270
lcqultr46 replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:11 AM

The star blocks are a nice addition, I may use a few also. Thanks Nana, this is a fun one to do since it goes so quickly looks great. I may finish this afternoon.  Then I can get back to your row quilt.

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 11:54 AM

lcqultr46:

The star blocks are a nice addition, I may use a few also. Thanks Nana, this is a fun one to do since it goes so quickly looks great. I may finish this afternoon.  Then I can get back to your row quilt.

Judy, you took the words right out of my mouth...LOL!  Max's star blocks do add a nice touch.  Nana, this has really been fun, has gone so quickly, and really really looks great! Thanks again for hosting this!!!   Now maybe I can get back to Gini's row quilt (or maybe not).

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Max- The stars are very cool!

Here is "Ole Scrappy" my first scrappy, mystery, nine patch top.... I'm thinking that I will add a 2 inch border and a 4 inch border so that it will fit a queen sized bed.

Thanks so much for doing this Nana, I've had a lot of fun! :)

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,213
Points 253,449
Barbara replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 12:50 PM

WOW everyone projects are looking great , Max I love the starts ,May have to do some on mine. Erin your quilt is beautiful ,I lreally like your white background ,I was afraid white would be to much ,but yours looks great. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Erin,

Love your scrappy top!  Your colors really pop off the white background!  When you add your 6 inches of border, are you going to make  9 patch 'cornerstones' in the border?

Erin, that old Quilt Bug has taken a big bite!  You're making some beautiful projects. Now you just need to figure out how to get more hours in each day.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Thank you for your nice comments on the stars.  These were fun to make and sew up really quickly.  There are several tutorials in webland on 'wonky stars', if you want to try some.  

I can laugh now, but the day I tried making some paper pieced scrappy stars I was not laughing! I still struggle with paper piecing, and was being very very careful to follow the pattern exactly for a five-pointed star. Got the last seam done, unfolded the star, and had a three-pointed star!  It had a 'head' and two 'legs', but I had very carefully pieced in background material where the two 'arms' should have been.  Arrrrgghhh!!!!  That block now resides in my to-be-recycled-later box.  It will probably appear in an re-run of my Too Much Tequilla Last Night quilt...that's the one where I save all my 'oopies' and 'blunders' and plain old 'mistakes' and sew them all together into one top.

Later!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Ohhhh Max, I didn't think about making cornerstone patches! Good idea., yes, I will do them.

I have 10 of July's blocks made and plan to make a couple a day until I have 30.  That way I will be ready July 1. I figure I'll be pretty sore for a few days after surgery so I'm cranking them out now.

And yes, I do believe I'm bitten!! LOL

Erin

MaxNTopeka:

Erin,

Love your scrappy top!  Your colors really pop off the white background!  When you add your 6 inches of border, are you going to make  9 patch 'cornerstones' in the border?

Erin, that old Quilt Bug has taken a big bite!  You're making some beautiful projects. Now you just need to figure out how to get more hours in each day.

Max

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 7,445

Oh no I just had a quilter's nightmare happen to me. My sewing machine quit on me and have so many projects to finish. I guess I'll have to shop for a new one very soon.

Pat B from Southern California

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Pat,

I think I hear 'upgrade' whispering on the wind! Have fun shopping!

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Oh no Pat!  Hope you get a new one (or your current one fixed) soon.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,139
Points 40,900

Thank you so much Nana. It is beautiful. Can't wait till I get time to sew it 

Paris, Ontario

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,016
Points 71,005
Bonita replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 5:23 PM

Max, love the stars really sets it off.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 470
Points 7,445

Erin:

Oh no Pat!  Hope you get a new one (or your current one fixed) soon.

Yeah back in business. Was determined wasn't going to go without a sewing machine. Went out today and bought me a really good one a Viking machine.

Pat B from Southern California

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,016
Points 71,005
Bonita replied on Fri, Jun 8 2012 5:26 PM

Erin "Ole Scrappy" is looking real good. I like the print on your backgound fabric.

Page 2 of 30 (439 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use