Welcome to our new members. Please tell us something about yourself.

rated by 0 users
This post has 115 Replies | 28 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, May 28 2012 11:27 AM

Thank you Nana... Hoping I can too. Have lots of scraps to use up, was picking some out this morning... it just may be the time. Can't seem to get even a hour to sew lately. I might get it started lol.

• Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 120
Points 2,040

Debbie (-do), I see you finished your MQ6. It's so pretty. I put my top together, and I think I may leave it as is unless I find something perfect for a border. So far I really like it, but I haven't been able to see the whole thing yet. I think I'll bring it to work tomorrow to hang it up for a photo shoot. 

I order some background fabric for Nana's scrappy mystery and picked out about 25 dark fabrics. Haven't yet started to cut. I'm hoping it'll cool off enough to get some done Thursday. Otherwise, I'll work like the dickens over the weekend.

MaryAnn

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,585
Points 47,630
Debbie-do replied on Tue, May 29 2012 10:20 PM

Thank you MaryAnn.  I'm really really happy with the way this came out.  I came real close to playing it safe and using more of the light green for the borders.  After work on Friday I went to the local fabric store (it's really not an LQS) and walked up and down the aisles.  Borders come as quite a challenge to me since I haven't made more than a handful of full sized quilts.  During my third trip around the bolts that dark border fabric spoke to me :o)  and it wasn't too hard to pick the light one.  I had to go back Saturday to be sure because I hadn't actually brought the top with me!  It's a small enough place and it was late enough that the owner told me to just leave the stack of bolts on the corner and come back in the morning with my top (and the blocks for Nana's mystery because I was trying to match that from memory too).

For now I'm leaving it pinned to my wall  LOL  It makes me happy!

So, you're having a heat wave up north?  I thought I would melt if I ever moved to Texas because I'd heard how hot it gets but the difference is up there as it gets hot, the humidity also rises making life very uncomfortable and I lived most of my life up there without air conditioning!  It gets humid here sometimes and it sure can be miserable and it does get HOT (you know you're from TX if you can drive with the tip of one finger on the stearing wheel) but I love it here and I don't miss the SN*W one bit.  I've been a Texan for 10 years now and a New Englander for all the years prior!  So far I haven't melted !!

Southwest of San Antonio

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, May 30 2012 10:24 PM

Welcome Francine.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Fri, Jun 1 2012 6:59 PM

Linda

Welcome to the group.  I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 198
Points 4,245
Debi replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 11:36 AM

Good morning, my name is Debi and I live in Arizona, just south of Phoenix a bit.  I have been married seems like all my life and have three wonderful children who are all grown and have children of their own. We have nine grandchildren...all precious and still young.  I enjoy sewing and making quilts.  I got a long arm for my birthday last year...guess since it was my last before 50 that my husband decided I needed a big toy!! I love it and learning how to use it more each time.  I am new to quilting, only about two or three years now.  I have never made a scrap quilt before, June's scrappy project is my first. This is so fun, I may be addicted to scraps.  I enjoy reading your posts and learning from you all. 

Well, I need to get off the computer and clean my sewing machine before a day of sewing. Have a great day everyone.

• Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 11,285
Donna replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 11:54 AM

Hi Debi, my name is Donna and I also live in Arizona, in Prescott.  I too am new to quilting, about a year now, but have been sewing over 45 years.  I just finished the mystery quilt 6 here which was my first on here and I must say I loved it.  The anticipation of waiting for the next step was fun.  I am hooked. 

My quilters guild is going on a shop hop on June 11 to 3 quilt shops in Phoenix.  I cant wait.  Prescott area has 3 shops and of course Joanns, so I am looking forward to checking out new places.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Sat, Jun 2 2012 12:24 PM

Debi

I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying working with scrappy quilts.  They can become very addictive.   It took me several years of quilting before I attempted a scrappy.   Now I love them.  No 2 ever look alike and they each have so much character.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 1:48 PM

deblaquinta

Welcome to the group.  Hope you will join in on some of our projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:52 PM

Phyllis welcome to the group.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,721
Points 436,920
Nana replied on Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:03 PM

Melody P

Welcome to Scrap Happys.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and also join us on some or all of our projects.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 8 of 8 (116 items) «Prev45678
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use