Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt

rated by 0 users
This post has 186 Replies | 18 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana Posted: Tue, Nov 8 2011 9:15 PM

This can be used to discuss this quilt.  You can also post pics here as well as media.   Hope all doing this have fun.

Vinton, Virginia

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,558
Points 377,182
Kris replied on Wed, Nov 9 2011 12:19 AM

Thanks Nana. Will you be joining in? 

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 20,100
Points 252,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Nov 9 2011 6:00 AM

Thanks Nana, I gonna give this a try , I 'm not sure I will be able to keep up but I'll get all the instructions  copied and do the best I can ..sorry to hear you are not going to joining us ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,620
Jacy replied on Wed, Nov 9 2011 10:25 AM

Thanks Nana for setting this up for us. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us. 

I've been thinking about colors but haven't decided yet.

I have to get at least 1 christmas gift done before next Friday!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 150

Bonnie Hunter spoke at our guild a few years ago.  I also took my first workshop with her and I made a scrappy star quilt.  It turned out beautifully.  When does this mystery start?

thanks,

Jackie G-R 

• Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

The first part of the mystery has been posted (the Intro).  The next step will be posted on Nov 18.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Always keep in mind that Bonnie's mysteries are not a race, though there are some speed-demons over achievers enthusiastic quilters out there. The steps will be posted on her blog for 6 months or so. After that she takes them down so they can be published in her next book. The biggest part of the mysteries that I really like is using my scraps or using up fabric that I really don't like. Makes me remember what I used the fabric for originally, the time in my life that I bought and used it for and/or wondering what the heck I was I thinking when I bought it!  :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,620
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 18 2011 11:36 AM

Jackie G-R:
When does this mystery start?

The first part is posted today. You can find it at http://quiltville.blogspot.com/

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sat, Nov 19 2011 3:43 PM

I have about 40 or so squares paired up and lines drawn on them for the hourglasses. I have been taking turns working on this and quilting the quilt for xmas I have been working on. Yesterday was starting this today was quilting lol. Tomorrow early afternoon will be back to this one or both who knows. I just don't like repeatedly changing my feet and thread out in a single day.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Sat, Nov 19 2011 6:59 PM

Jennsquilts:

Always keep in mind that Bonnie's mysteries are not a race, though there are some speed-demons over achievers enthusiastic quilters out there. The steps will be posted on her blog for 6 months or so. After that she takes them down so they can be published in her next book. The biggest part of the mysteries that I really like is using my scraps or using up fabric that I really don't like. Makes me remember what I used the fabric for originally, the time in my life that I bought and used it for and/or wondering what the heck I was I thinking when I bought it!  :-)

She may be taking it down sooner this time b/c this one is going in a book.  She mentioned something about it.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 648
Points 10,145

Yeah, I think I saw something to the effect that May 1st will be the day she removed all the links to the steps.  Maybe this year I can finish it before they go away! :-)

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 91
Points 1,640
Lee replied on Mon, Nov 21 2011 4:32 PM

Jennsquilts:

Yeah, I think I saw something to the effect that May 1st will be the day she removed all the links to the steps.  Maybe this year I can finish it before they go away! :-)

Don't you print out the instructions as they are posted?  That way you can keep them in a folder even after they are pulled.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 150

Thanks Jacy!

Jackie G-R

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,414
Points 133,785

I have 36 of the 72 string blocks done. (Jacy, I bet you're done with them) These really are fun to do and it forces me to use some old fabrics that I no longer had any use for. I haven't purchased a thing for this quilt so it will basically be a free project. I love that. The photo shows a few of the 224 hour glass blocks across the top. I'm so curious to see what the next step will be. Probably the reds and maybe reds and neutrals?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,620
Jacy replied on Sun, Nov 27 2011 4:29 PM

Looking good Judy!

Judy T-Bellingham:
I haven't purchased a thing for this quilt so it will basically be a free project. I love that.

This looks like a free project for me too. So far I've had enough scraps I haven't even got into any fat quarters. I'm loving this using up my scraps, I was bothered by all my scraps piling faster than I was using them. I see more scrap quilts in my future!

Page 1 of 13 (187 items) 12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use