rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 12:16 AM

Marsha-SM:
Kris, I really like the way this quilt is going together for you and your fabric-chooser.  His colors really are going to make a striking quilt.

Thanks Marsha.

Marsha-SM:
Take good care of that back.  Hope it keeps getting stronger all the time.  Remember - -  listen to your body.  It knows best.  I have been told that so many times and am finally listening to the advice and my body.  I am not the type to rest when I need to, need to be doing something all the time.

I'm stubborn so it's hard to admit defeat. I'm trying to be good and not overdo. I enjoy hand piecing so it's not all bad. 

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 5:36 AM

Kris:
I see frogging in my not to distant future.

Oh no!! I thought when you said it was a variation that you were planning to do something spectacular. Didn't think you would be frogging.   So sorry.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:19 AM

So sorry Kris!!!  Hopefully there won't be too much frogging!!  Hope your back is doing better :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:23 AM

Kris sometimes my mind doesn't keep up with my fingers!  Wanted to say how beautiful your blocks are!!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 6:18 PM

Mimi:

Kris:
I see frogging in my not to distant future.

Oh no!! I thought when you said it was a variation that you were planning to do something spectacular. Didn't think you would be frogging.   So sorry.

Mimi, I should have been clearer. My blocks are "hybrid" because they're both hand and machine pieced. So far it's just the one block to fix. I'll be more careful with the others.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 6:19 PM

Helen:

Kris sometimes my mind doesn't keep up with my fingers!  Wanted to say how beautiful your blocks are!!

Thanks Helen.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Fri, Jan 31 2014 9:06 PM

Hey Kris, the blocks are looking great!  I really like the color combo.  Jason did very well!  Just be thankful you caught that little boo-boo before you sewed the blocks together!!!  Things could have been much worse you know... lol!

Glad the hybridizing seems to be working for you.  Take care of that back!!!  A little at a time should do the trick -  just take it slow and easy.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,402
Points 45,175

Kris your blocks are looking good. Is hubby claiming this quilt since he picked out the fabrics?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 6 2014 1:13 AM

Thanks Pat. He hasn't said anything about it but I plan to let him have it.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 7:18 PM

Things have been so quiet on QCA so i decied to check in.  I tried to login this weekend and couldn't get QCA to come up at all.  Had a hard time today to get to my groups.  Is anyone else having the same issues?  I did send off  a comment/question to the contact email address.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:07 PM

Helen I've been on sporadically. I haven't done much work on my CS lately.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Tue, Mar 4 2014 9:32 AM

The snow has been a big issue this winter and CS is very time consuming.  I hope that yours doesn't go into the UFO pile :-)

Wondering if the will be another MQ?  Take care and have fun at whatever you are doing!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,537
Kris replied on Sat, Mar 8 2014 6:10 PM

It will probably end up a UFO like so many of my projects. I hope I can at least complete the top.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Helen:
I tried to login this weekend and couldn't get QCA to come up at all.  Had a hard time today to get to my groups.  Is anyone else having the same issues?

Hi Helen,
Seems like the QCA site has been slower than molasses for weeks.  I've tried to get on several times and just gave up.

My Celtic Solstice is done!   I did the free motion quilting on by DSM.  There are shamrocks in all the 4 square patches, and ONE 4 leaf clover. I have no idea where it is in the quilt!  But I love the fact that the quilt contains a treasure hunt!  

This is one of  my all time favorite quilts.  It's been a big hit with everyone who has seen it, too.  It is a really great pattern.

Here are some photos.  (Flat Stanely was visiting from my great nephew's 2nd grade classroom so he got in on the action)!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Sun, Mar 16 2014 3:35 PM

Judy your quilt is fabulous!!  Loved seeing your pictures!  It was also one of my favorite quilts as well.  My DIL loves it!

I contacted QCA and they told me they are working on the site since buying it and they are working on the problems.  I wonder if there will be more MQ's?  This site has been the quietest I have ever seen.

Page 20 of 21 (301 items) «Prev1718192021Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use