rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 1:03 PM

Mimi:
Well Kris was right.  Bonnie has revealed the entire quilt on Quiltville.blogspot  It is lovely.

It is lovely. I can hardly wait to get mine together. Still hand piecing though so it will be a while.

Happy New Year Everyone.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 2:47 PM

Helen, I'm soooo jealous.  What lovely blocks.  It's going to be a beautiful quilt. Great job!! 

Can't wait to start the chevrons later on today.  I'm thinking putting this together will be a great s**n day activity.  Going back to work tomorrow AM.  My vacation is over. Bah!

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 6,600
Helen replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 3:10 PM

Thanks Judy and Mimi.   Hoping to see some pictures of your progress ladies!!! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,540
Points 47,640

Oh Helen, that is so pretty! I am so glad that you posted your blocks. I have been getting a bit discouraged with all these little pieces. I was hoping this week was the reveal but was a little concerned that there might be another step. I have been out all day so just now see this. I am still not finished with the chevrons. I was thinking I could go right to step 5 and started looking around for step 1 and realized I haven't finished it yet. Oh well, at least I can look at your blocks and see where we are going. I am finished with 3 & 4.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Helen:

I was so excited to see the reveal that I had to sew one block of each.  I now have new enthusiasm for this quilt.  The reveal is gorgeous!!

Oh, this is so exciting!  No more steps!!  This is a great quilt.  It does look a lot the Irish tile floors Bonnie has been including in her directions. 

Mimi…good job posting the link with your new iMac.  Works perfectly!  :-)    And congrats on the new iMac too!

Helen!!  Your blocks are beautiful!  

I can't wait to see how everyone's blocks work out, including mine!   It will have to wait for another day.   A group of quilting friends here in the Great Boston area got together (in person and electronically via FaceTime) for our 2nd annual New Year's Day Quilt Along.  It was a blast and I got all the main blocks for that quilt done!  But that was plenty sewing for one day!

Happy 2014 everyone!  Looking forward to seeing lots of beautiful quilts in the coming weeks!     :-)

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 6,600
Helen replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:10 PM

Thank you Pat.  Did you get a chance to see the reveal?  It is gorgeous!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 6:50 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Mimi…good job posting the link with your new iMac.  Works perfectly!  :-)    And congrats on the new iMac too!

Thanks for letting me know Judy.  I'm so loving this new computer.  Everything is so fast I can't believe it.  No glitches in the videos.  Pages load so fast.  I feel like I'm in another dimension.  I even have FaceTime so I could check in at retreats and visit others without being there.  Who knew things like this were available?  Well I'm sure Gini and Nana and Kris did but little ole me...no.  Hope the New year's day quilt was easier than last year.  Will you post some pictures?  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Mimi:

Judy & Dogs:

Hope the New year's day quilt was easier than last year.  Will you post some pictures?  

Off topic...

Mimi..Good memory about the difficulty of the 2013 New Year's quilt!  This year we decided to pick a pattern and we would all make the same quilt but using different fabrics.  We used charm packs and the excellent Wonky Star Tutorial on Victoria Gertenbach's blog.

http://thesillyboodilly.blogspot.com/2009/02/wonky-star-tutorial.html

Here's my quilt so far hanging on my design wall--thanks for asking to see it.  I'm going to add at least 3 borders. 

Have fun with your new technology!  It does open a whole new world of possibilities!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 8:56 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Here's my quilt so far hanging on my design wall

Looking good Judy.   I like the centers of your wonky stars.  Don't be shy is showing the finished top.  Nice job.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 6,600
Helen replied on Thu, Jan 2 2014 9:41 AM

Judfy your wonky star quilt is beautiful and thanks for the link!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Thanks Helen and Mimi.  Glad you like the wonky star quilt. I put the borders on it today and on another quilt so 2 more UFOs lining up for quilting.

Here are my first 2 blocks done.  My chevrons are a bit wonky.  I didn't get Bonnie Hunter's 1/4" guide until after that step was done.  Using the guide and setting up a fence really helped in the last couple steps.  

Hoping to get some more blocks done tomorrow so I can start to really see the quilt.  So far, so good. 

How are you folks doing?

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 724
Points 18,150

Your blocks are wonderful.  And the reveal -- Wow!  I'm so far behind that I probably won't catch up until next year, but seeing how the quilt turned out makes me want to continue.  And this pattern can be easily lengthened to fit my bed with just one more row of squares.  I love the way the circles appear in the quilt when I know everything was pieced straight lines.  Almost magical. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 6,600
Helen replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 8:50 AM

Your blocks look great Judy!  Yesterday was a very productive day for me.  I finished  quilting 2 charity lap quilts in between working on my blocks.  I got all my block 1's done, Yippee.  After cleaning up all the snow I will attempt to work on block 2, hoping my back holds out :-).  I can't wait to get this quilt done!  Love, love the reveal design!!  I have 3 baby quilts to get done quickly.  Maybe I will try your wonky stars pattern!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Helen:
 I finished  quilting 2 charity lap quilts in between working on my blocks.  I got all my block 1's done, Yippee. 

That was a really productive day!

Good luck with the snow.  I got out the snow blower and cleared our drive and the walks. The dogs will have wait for me to defrost before they get any playtime in the snow! In the meantime I'm going to start on block one. 

Helen, the wonky stars work up really quickly.  Could be a good scrap quilt if you have a stash of 5" squares.  You could made an I-spy type quilt using the central  focus blocks.  It would be fun to pick a theme-zoo or dogs or trucks/fire engines.  I'm working on a Christmas on with goofy reindeer in the center blocks!  It's going to be really cute. OK off to block one!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 376
Points 6,600
Helen replied on Fri, Jan 3 2014 9:43 AM

Thanks Judy.  I was thinking the same thing.  I have a bunch of scraps from fat quarters I used in a I Spy quilt for my granddaughters pre-k fundraiser and thought this would be the perfect pattern to use the scraps...we are on the same page!!!   I just ordered the same panto Bonnie used on her quilt from Urban Elements, I really like the design and know I can use it on other quilts too!

Have fun romping in the snow with your dogs!!  Happy Sewing!!  The sun is out and that always brightens my spirits!!

Pat, you will catch up soon!!!  Whenever you get done is just the right time for you!! We will still love to see your progress!

Page 14 of 21 (301 items) «Prev1213141516Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use