Quiltville Mystery Quilt....Celtic Solstice

rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,498
Points 46,930

Step 5 has posted. Surprise, surprise I am not caught up. LOL Oh well, at least I'm not alone.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Pat Lancaster:
Step 5 has posted

Yeah!  Very interesting little block.  She is going to keep us all busy this week!  This is going to be a really interesting quilt.  I had expected that the light shirtings would  be predominant in this quilt but it is turning out to have a lot of color density.  I like what's happening!

Pat--the chevrons do take a really long time to complete. But I found that after a while I got into a rhythm and then it wasn't so bad.  Step 4 was a nice break in this mystery.

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

A good solid afternoon at the sewing machine and step 5 is done!  It didn't take all that long since part of the block was already done.  Boston had some nice warm sun today so I was able to get outside and photograph the steps so far. In the daylight you can see the true colors.   It's going to be a really cheerful quilt!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,047
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:11 PM

Looking good Judy.

I'm working on steps three and five. I'm hand piecing and enjoying the process. Linda has devised a way to make the "birds in the air" block two at a time. Very cool. I have 10 of step five and 18 pinwheels and 86 HSTs from step three.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,047
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:13 PM

My black fabric for step 5 is a mottled fabric. I had to rotary it (3.5 x 4.25 rectangles) since it's too dark to print with Inklingo. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,020
Points 65,130
Robin replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 8:15 AM

Linda and Kris,

Your blocks are beautiful.   I love the patterns and the colors.   I think you are doing some marvelous work.  Can't wait to see what the finished quilt looks like.

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,763
Points 365,047
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:01 PM

Thanks Robin.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Mon, Dec 30 2013 4:35 AM

Your blocks are looking good everybody! I am back home from my family visit and finishing up on step 2. Hosting a NY party so I may get this step done sometime later this week.  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Tue, Dec 31 2013 5:02 PM

Kris and Judy your blocks look great!  Love your color choices also.

I finished clue 5 suprisingly just in time to clean up snow tomorrow and Thursday.  I squared them off to 3 1/2" and hope they will all match up :-)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,498
Points 46,930

I really like all the different color choices you all have made. It didn't occur to me to change the colors, duh. I don't know if I will like this quilt or not because of the colors. I worked till about 1:00pm today then came home and went to work on the chevrons. I am about half done but my neck has been bothering me so I decided to take a nap which helped.  I can't sew much after dark so I guess I am done for the day. I hope to finish these things tomorrow and maybe get started on Step 5. I am ready to be finished with this quilt. LOL, I am part of the instant generation, I want it done NOW!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,830
Mimi replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 9:02 AM

Well Kris was right.  Bonnie has revealed the entire quilt on Quiltville.blogspot  It is lovely.  No more piecing tiny little blocks. They all go together.  I've got a new iMac and will try to post the link but bear with me friends.  It may take some learning.  Here it is.  I haven't even started on my chevrons yet but that's the way it goes.  Happy New Year.

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/01/happy-new-year-2014-surprise-reveal.html

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:08 AM

I was so excited to see the reveal that I had to sew one block of each.  I now have new enthusiasm for this quilt.  The reveal is gorgeous!!

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,620
Points 119,575

Wow, Helen, this is going to be a striking quilt. I can see why you're excited.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:21 AM

Happy New Year everyone!  

I am still working on Clue 2 Chevrons - after having our 8 holiday guests leave on the 30th.  I had something of a marathon yesterday (at least for me).  I sewed in the afternoon and then after dinner, pinned blocks while watching Netflix (until close to midnight).  Just happened to check Facebook before turning off the laptop and noticed Bonnie's message that the Big Reveal was posted.  So, of course I had to look and read all the comments.  It is a beautiful design and I love the curve look...without the curve piecing!  Then Linda from Inklingo posted that she was sharing her EQ7 files on Celtic Solstice...  About 1:30 I decided enough was enough and that I had better get to bed...LOL!  

BUT, I did "quilt" the New Year in!!!

I need to get further along to see how Bonnie's design will look in my colors.  I'm a little concerned about "losing" the star block in the diagonal rows, but it may not be as blatant as it looks (at least to me). What a choice:  beautiful design with the curvy look, but less emphasis on the stars (which I love).  

I  am also liking some of the designs others have come up with!  Time will tell...  Not sure I would do a second one of these, but you never know...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 1 2014 11:23 AM

Very pretty Helen!  The reveal (and being done with the Holiday) has given me a renewed spurt on this too!

Winthrop, WA

Page 13 of 21 (301 items) «Prev1112131415Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use