rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 12:22 PM

Helen:
WooHoo I got step 2 done!  Lots of work and so happy this step is over :-)

WTG Helen.

I'm less than halfway through both steps one and two.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Thu, Dec 12 2013 7:04 PM

Thanks Ladies!!  I got my Christmas cards mailed out today and look forward to Step 3.  Glad I got 1 and 2 done becaue I I won't be able to start 3 for a little while.  So much to do during the holidays as you all know.  Looking forward to seeing all of your progress!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

This morning I left the garage door open for a couple of minutes before I left for work. I came out of the house and found a black cat on my car. Hmmm, this afternoon I realized it is Friday the 13th! Oh no what's going the happen? ? ? ? ? Then tragedy, I went to Bonnie's site for Step 3 and it is nowhere to be found. I must confess I haven't finished Step 1 or 2 and have no time to sew anyway, but I would have liked to read the directions and look at the pictures. Sigh, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Pat--Step 3 is buried in her blog for today under her Germany trip news.  Here is the link to the pdf file.

http://quiltville.com/pdf/Celtic%20Solstice%20Mystery%20part%203.pdf

Enjoy!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

Thanks Judy. I was in a hurry yesterday and just looked at the list didn't read the blog. I printed off the pdf and my heart sank when I saw Bonnie cutting all those tiny triangles. The I remembered the strip tube method, thank you, thank you, thank you Nana for finding that jewel. There is hope for me to do this quilt with the strip tube method. 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:33 PM

Just a quick note that I am not giving this up but will have to sit this one out until after the holidays are over... 13 grandkids within 4 families to buy/wrap, travel too and spend time with. I will pick it back up after the 1st.  Have a great Christmas everybody. ♥

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:50 PM

Will be here waiting for you Debra :-)  MERRY CHRISTMAS  everyone!!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Thu, Dec 19 2013 3:33 PM

I didn't think I would get this done until after the holidays but I did and so glad to have it completed.  Won't get to the next step until after Christmas and hopefully it wont be anymore small pieces :-)  Using sheets of Thangles really helped getting the second 100 hst done. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Helen! Way to go!  your stacks look great. 

I just finished up step 3. Wahoo!  The colors are way off in this picture due the fluorescent lights.  It's yellow, hot pink (rather than orange), green, blue and cream. So now I can put my feet up for… what, 12 hours?  :-)  

I hope Bonnie has an easy step for this coming week!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 329
Points 5,980
Helen replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 7:10 AM

Congrats Judy!!!  Your blocks look great!!  On Bonnie's blog she said this step will be an easy one...here's hoping!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

I did not finish making my final HST squares, but I did better on step 3 than either 1 or two. My 4yo dgs came running up to me Wed night and said, "Merry Christmas Grandma. Christmas is next Wednesday!" I wish someone had clued me in, roflol, it is interferring with my quilting. So, I have been going shopping after work for the things I couldn't find on Amazon. I am off most of next week and am hoping to be all caught up by next Friday. Step 4 looks like it will go quickly, that is if I can get to it. Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and has time for Step 4.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 5:59 PM

Ladies your pieces are looking good. I should be back at it this weekend. Thank heavens for four patches.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,340
Points 38,910
Mimi replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:07 PM

All you eager quilters are doing such a great job.  Lovely work from all of you.  Everyone is so far ahead....I'm not able to keep up yet but I'm planning lots of sewing time two days after Christmas.  Tonight starts my official winter break and I'm really looking forward to catching up on all the things I'm behind on.  Four patches you say, Kris?  Those should work up quickly.  I think I remember last year she gave an easier step the week of Christmas.  Gotta go.  "It's A Wonderful Life" is on and it's my favorite. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,817
Points 352,377
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 20 2013 9:25 PM

Mimi:
Four patches you say, Kris?  Those should work up quickly.  I think I remember last year she gave an easier step the week of Christmas.

Yes. Step four should go quickly. I'm still working on steps one through three.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,401
Points 45,170

I finished Step 3 and am working on Step 4. It is going quickly so I should finish it today then can go back and work on Steps 1 & 2. One of Bonnie's rules is no whining so I am not whining, but I doubt I will start another of her MQs if it is right before Christmas. LOL, there is just too much going on and I want to sew instead of doing the necessary things. I hate to get behind on these kind of things and I am behind on so many others things.  Sigh, I guess that's better than sitting around being bored.

Page 11 of 21 (301 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use