Quiltville Mystery Quilt....Celtic Solstice

rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

I just found out that Bonnie Hunter is going to be at the local guild in January. She is doing 3 classes as well as the Monday night meeting. 
The only class I could attend is on Saturday and of course it is  full. The Sunday class is Boxy Stars which I already did with Nana, but would attend anyway as church comes first. I will try to attend the meeting on Monday night and at least see her in the flesh, LOL. Gee, if I could finish Celtic Solstice I could take it for Show & Tell. That would be fun.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 3:54 PM

Pat Lancaster:
LOL, maybe I'll sit here and wait for Kris to jump off her fence. This is my first Bonnie Hunter MQ and I didn't expect such tiny pieces. My eyesight isn't the best so I have been doing some frogging. Rip-it, rip-it!

LOL. Well Pat, you all had me teetering then DH pushed me right off. He selected his own fabrics from my stash and got them washed. So I'll be working on step two then will go back to step one later. 

I made Bonnie's mystery last year. I started the two prior to that but fell along the way. Bonnie is into LOTS of pieces and LOTS of small pieces. I just hope this one does not have string piecing.

It would be very cool if you could take it for show and tell in January. There's your motivation.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 3:59 PM

Debra:
Thanks Kris. :) I am a big time 'Outlander' fan. Have you read the series?

Oh yes. I've also re-read the books waiting for the new one. Nana is a big fan as well.

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 6:26 PM

Thats so cool. Happy to meet another fan. :) They are coming out with a Outlander series on the Starz channel next year too. They started filming in Scotland, I've been following the filming and it has been so interesting.  Her new book will be out next year too. 

Kris:

Debra:
Thanks Kris. :) I am a big time 'Outlander' fan. Have you read the series?

Oh yes. I've also re-read the books waiting for the new one. Nana is a big fan as well.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 6:30 PM

I am finding out about lots of small pieces. I seem to be cutting for the last 2 weeks. But it is getting rid of alot of my scraps and that is what I was aiming for. 

Glad you are joining us Kris. :) 

Kris:

Pat Lancaster:
LOL, maybe I'll sit here and wait for Kris to jump off her fence. This is my first Bonnie Hunter MQ and I didn't expect such tiny pieces. My eyesight isn't the best so I have been doing some frogging. Rip-it, rip-it!

LOL. Well Pat, you all had me teetering then DH pushed me right off. He selected his own fabrics from my stash and got them washed. So I'll be working on step two then will go back to step one later. 

I made Bonnie's mystery last year. I started the two prior to that but fell along the way. Bonnie is into LOTS of pieces and LOTS of small pieces. I just hope this one does not have string piecing.

It would be very cool if you could take it for show and tell in January. There's your motivation.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 6:33 PM

That would be cool if you were able to do that Pat. She seems like an interesting lady and she may even have stories to share of her recent trip. 

Pat Lancaster:

I just found out that Bonnie Hunter is going to be at the local guild in January. She is doing 3 classes as well as the Monday night meeting. 
The only class I could attend is on Saturday and of course it is  full. The Sunday class is Boxy Stars which I already did with Nana, but would attend anyway as church comes first. I will try to attend the meeting on Monday night and at least see her in the flesh, LOL. Gee, if I could finish Celtic Solstice I could take it for Show & Tell. That would be fun.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:17 PM

Pat Lancaster:

Very exciting Pat!!  How lucky for you!!!  :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 7 2013 8:52 PM

Debra:
They are coming out with a Outlander series on the Starz channel next year too. They started filming in Scotland, I've been following the filming and it has been so interesting.  Her new book will be out next year too. 

I'll have to look for the series. The new book comes out on my Father's and Sister's birthday. I'll be getting myself a present. LOL

Debra:
Glad you are joining us Kris. :) 

I've started with step two using Inklingo. I'm having muscle spasms in my back so I only made three units by machine. I'm on the couch thinking about hand piecing. DH picked red, yellow, grey, white and black for this project.

I don't like that the white is directional but it's the one he wants.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,552
Points 47,805

Kris, glad DH intervened for us, LOL. You know you really wanted to all along. As far as not having finished Bonnie's previous MQs what has that got to do with anything? I haven't finished several QCA MQs but I keep joining the next! 

It would be cool if I could finish this and take it to the guild meeting. However, we might not have the final clue by then. Bonnie said 6-8 weeks. I know I'd never finish early, roflol, so think that was just a nice thought.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 9:16 AM

Your blocks are looking good Kris!!  DH chose nice colors! Hope you back feels better!. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 1:02 PM

Pat Lancaster:
Kris, glad DH intervened for us, LOL. You know you really wanted to all along. As far as not having finished Bonnie's previous MQs what has that got to do with anything? I haven't finished several QCA MQs but I keep joining the next!

I'm in the same boat with you. I actually pulled out MQ 4 as my possible UFO for December.

Pat Lancaster:
It would be cool if I could finish this and take it to the guild meeting. However, we might not have the final clue by then. Bonnie said 6-8 weeks. I know I'd never finish early, roflol, so think that was just a nice thought.
Bonnie usually ends these mysteries on New Year's day. It would be nice if we had more time.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 1:03 PM

Helen:

Your blocks are looking good Kris!!  DH chose nice colors! Hope you back feels better!. 

Thanks Helen. I'm sitting with a hot pack on it hopefully I'll be able to go back to sewing soon.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 2:26 PM

k... have it mostly cut, (need about 100 more green but didn't have enough scrap and had to get into my big stash. But the material is washed and drying) And finished 5 units. I may fall behind. Have so much to do this week. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 5:21 PM

Nice work Debra. I'm definitely going to fall behind. I've resorted to hand piecing now.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Sun, Dec 8 2013 7:01 PM

Looking good Debra!!  I got all mine cut today and started to mark the diagonal line.  Decided to sew a few blocks to see how they would look..  The neutrals look greenish but they are beige.  Even the yellows don't show true in the picture.  You all get the idea  though :-)  Kris you will  have your blocks handsewn in no time and hopefully the position is better for your back.

Page 9 of 21 (301 items) «Prev7891011Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use