Kris replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 4:00 PM

Great selection Donna.

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 4:44 PM

Donna, love your color choices.  These I could easily find in my stash as they are also my favorites.  I like your idea of the brown.  I probably won't start this quilt at this time as I have too many other projects in the works, but will save the instructions for the future.  I love Bonnie's quilts and have THREE started, but they just sit there on a shelf or in a shoe box waiting for me to finish them.  

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 6:45 PM

Marsha-SM:
Donna, love your color choices.

Thanks Judy, Kris and Marsha.  I feel better now!

Marsha-SM:
 I love Bonnie's quilts and have THREE started, but they just sit there on a shelf or in a shoe box waiting for me to finish them.  

I'm afraid that's what I will do too...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

Here is what I dug out of my stash. Colors aren't true in the pic. Since it is a scrappy I think they will work.

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,455
Helen replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 3:28 PM

Donna and Pat your fabrics look great!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 18 2013 9:04 PM

Pat I like your fabrics. You'll have a beautiful quilt.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 11:16 AM

Great fabrics Pat.  Only a few days now...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

Being the detail oriented person I am, I just re-read Bonnie's post and realized I don't have either ruler she says she used. I looked at the Inklingo thingie and wasn't interested in that at all and don't use templates unless I am desperate sooooooo, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Amazon I go. Quick as a flash the credit card lights up and two new rulers are on their way to live with the gazillion other rulers that live here. But wait, I am using my stash so I am really saving $$$$. If my husband were alive he would kill me, roflol. At least quilting keeps me out of trouble.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:21 PM

Pat Lancaster:

Being the detail oriented person I am, I just re-read Bonnie's post and realized I don't have either ruler she says she used. I looked at the Inklingo thingie and wasn't interested in that at all and don't use templates unless I am desperate sooooooo, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Amazon I go. Quick as a flash the credit card lights up and two new rulers are on their way to live with the gazillion other rulers that live here. But wait, I am using my stash so I am really saving $$. If my husband were alive he would kill me, roflol. At least quilting keeps me out of trouble.

Pat, I guess I have to do the same thing.  I don't have the Tri Recs ruler but I have the Easy Angle.  I have always made do without the Tri Recs, but since she seems to like them, I will bite the bullet and buy them also.  I am also planning to use just stash, if I can, so Rich shouldn't holler too much if I buy these.  This quilting thing seems to be growing on him since I am making such unique one-of-a-kind graduation presents for the family.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:57 PM

Bonnie gives instructions for cutting without the special rulers. I have he ones she uses but will probably use Inklingo. I'm going to be using homespuns for my project IF I make it. Having second thoughts on doing it. The one from last year is still not completed.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 8:18 AM

I am in on this one... just ordered my Tri Rec's ruler.   Going to do the 75x75 quilt. And I have started going through my scrap stash. What I don't have in scrap I will pick up in FQ's. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

My rulers arrived today so I guess I am ready. I am hoping to finish another quilt before I start this one, but it isn't looking too good. I'm losing steam and would rather take a nap, lol.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,455
Helen replied on Tue, Nov 26 2013 7:08 PM

I found my rulers but discovered I have the Easy Angle II and not Easy Angle.  The triangle starts at 2 1/2" do you think this will work or do I have to hunt down the shops for the Easy Angle which starts at 1 1/2" triangle (I think)?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 8:38 AM

Have my colors picked out of scrap and stash, rulers ordered and on the way, new printer ink in the computer and have lots of paper.... Now ... come on Friday. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,455
Helen replied on Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:17 AM

I checked with Bonnie and I have to go buy the smaller Easy Angle ruler.  I hate to go out on Black Friday....too much traffic and don't feel up to fighting the crowds.  I just may use the alternative method to start :-(

• Post Points: 35
Page 5 of 21 (301 items) «Prev34567Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use