Quiltville Mystery Quilt....Celtic Solstice

rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Well, I dug into my stash and here it this fabric collection that percolated up in adequate quantities and in a color combination I like.  I tried light pinks and oranges but I went with hot pink. The color saturation of the hot pink was a better match for my blues and greens and I just liked it better than my other choices.  

I was going to use a collection of fabrics with polka dots for my background. But when I laid out my fabrics on the dots, it wasn't what I wanted. The collection of cream and light beige fabrics were better.  

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,475
Helen replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 3:25 PM

Nice selections everyone!  I am quilting a quilt on the longarm, have to cut out another pattern and then I will have time to pull from my stash.  Went to the LQS and they had very little selection in yellows and oranges.  I may have to go to Joanne's to see if they have some.  Lagging behind but will catch up soon :-)

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

Judy & Dogs. I like the way you viewed your selected in gray tones to better view values. Your fabrics look great.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sat, Nov 2 2013 7:19 PM

Christine:
waiting to see what the cutting sizes we are talking plans my change based on the sizes given

Don't know if anyone heard this or not but on Thursday night during quilt cam, Bonnie said there will be no pieces smaller than 2 inch squares.  Of course she didn't reveal where those 2 inch pieces would be.  But it does give me other options and it may help me clear out a lot of little scraps.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

Mimi:
Don't know if anyone heard this or not but on Thursday night during quilt cam, Bonnie said there will be no pieces smaller than 2 inch squares.

Thanks Mimi, good to know.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,475
Helen replied on Tue, Nov 12 2013 9:57 AM

I finally got some yellows and oranges to add to the few I had.  here is my selection.  Now I am really excited in starting this Mystery. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

My goal is to finish as many UFOs as possible this year so what was I thinking when I started reading this thread? ? ? ? ? ? I'm thinking I have to once again think of my stash as a UFO and see if I can use it up, LOL. I'm thinking about doing it and will do a smaller one if I do.

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,475
Helen replied on Wed, Nov 13 2013 4:53 PM

Join the fun Pat!  I am in the same boat and figure what's one more UFO :-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 5:06 AM

Pat Lancaster:

My goal is to finish as many UFOs as possible this year so what was I thinking when I started reading this thread? ? ? ? ? ? I'm thinking I have to once again think of my stash as a UFO and see if I can use it up, LOL. I'm thinking about doing it and will do a smaller one if I do.

Pat,

I had the same idea and then I saw this project.   I really am tempted to join. 

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,533
Points 47,530

Helen:
Join the fun Pat!  I am in the same boat and figure what's one more UFO :-)
Thanks a lot Helen. You were supposed to talk me out of this, lol. I went through my stash and have enough to get started, I think. I'll try to get a pic later today. I'm not going to even think about how many Mystery Quilts I have in the UFO pile, but like you said, what's one more. I am almost finished with the Craftsy 2012 BOM so, I'll really have one less cuz this won't be a UFO for awhile. How logical is that?

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 366
Points 6,475
Helen replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 8:30 AM

Pat, you make perfect sense to me :-)

Come on Robin, join in the fun. We can all gripe later about how many UFO's we have to complete.  Besides, this will be another beautiful quilt to give away as a great gift or keep!!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Nov 15 2013 8:57 AM

We have to use some stash to make room for new fabric. And don't think of all those unfinished quilts as UFO's, they are future gifts in progress. When you need a gift, you pull one out and it's already half done....sometimes almost done, just needs an occasion to motivate you to finish it.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,075
Points 66,425
Robin replied on Sat, Nov 16 2013 6:27 AM

Helen:

Pat, you make perfect sense to me :-)

Come on Robin, join in the fun. We can all gripe later about how many UFO's we have to complete.  Besides, this will be another beautiful quilt to give away as a great gift or keep!!

Helen,

I think you have talked me into it.  I'll have to see what I can find to use.  

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Nov 17 2013 3:37 PM

OK gals, I am going to try to do this mystery quilt...my first!  For any of you that know me, you know that I am pretty color challenged so my first step is to run my color selection by all of you.  I'm trying to follow Bonnie's suggestions for the neutral, yellow, orange and green, but using brown instead of blue.  I am thinking the brown to symbolize the earth as Ireland has been such an agricultural country for so many years.

Any comments are greatly appreciated...

Winthrop, WA

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

Donna, I love your fabrics which are my favorite combinations.

Page 4 of 21 (301 items) «Prev23456Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use