Quiltville Mystery Quilt....Celtic Solstice

rated by 0 users
This post has 300 Replies | 16 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:31 AM

Mimi...  My plan is to use scaps out my scrap bins too.  So it is hard to post pictures as they need to be sorted and ironed but waiting to see what the cutting sizes we are talking plans my change based on the sizes given.  If all else fails will be controlled quilt and use the same 5 fabrics.  But really want to tame those scrap bins.  Color choices are also dependent on cutting size req.

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,790
Jacy replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 10:47 AM

Christine:
Mimi...  My plan is to use scaps out my scrap bins too.

I plan to use scraps too, but I pulled FQ's and yardage to help figure out colors. That makes it easier to pull scraps later.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 12:05 PM

My FQ's I have are really mellow compared to Bonnies colors and maybe that is why they never get used.  Orange is not plentiful or yellow even in my stash.  Now blue and green and brown and red are and pink are in my stash may end up going that route for this one but my greens are more olive greens then her green. was wanting to use more off white since I used up most my whites on her last 2 mysteries. On Easy Street I did not have FQ either ended up cutting into yardage and on Lazy Sunday was able to use from scrap bins.  

Oh man just don't know what colors to go with glad we have awhile so I can sort my scrap bins by colors and see what colors are plentiful.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,466
Points 116,680

I wasn't going to do this but, like so often, I've changed my mind. Mostly because it's a great chance to try to make a dent in my scrap stash.  I'm having the most trouble with yellows. Since I took this photo, I've added a couple darker greens to the pile. This will change I'm sure.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565
Christine replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 3:06 PM

Dardar, Jacy, Judy love allthe fabric choices so far.  I think I am going to go play and sort through my scraps to see where I end up :-)

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Mon, Oct 28 2013 5:09 PM

I have a fabric from Moda Grundge called Sugar Cookies. It's an off white, with pale greens and melon.  It looks mostly white, just has some interesting texture.

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 320
JennieQ replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 12:09 PM

Judy,

I like your selection.  I am trying to figure out how to post my pics.

JennieQ

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 320
JennieQ replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 12:16 PM

Yey! I got them posted! Here is my selection.

JennieQ

Not Ranked
Posts 19
Points 320
JennieQ replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 12:18 PM

Here are the other fabrics.

JennieQ

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Tue, Oct 29 2013 1:51 PM

Awesome selection of fabrics ladies!!  I haven't even started going through my stash yet, just trying to finish up MQ9.  Going to the LQS tomorrow to get some yellows, whites and oranges.  I think I have enough blues and greens.  I have the rulers just need to find them.  I bought them years ago and never used them.  So glad for the opportunity to do so now.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,992
Points 64,380
Robin replied on Wed, Oct 30 2013 5:24 AM

Beautiful fabrics.    This looks really interesting.   I may have to give it a try.  I love the name.

Robin

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

I don't have a Lowe's near me, so printed out the pic of the paint chips and am going by that.  But I really don't like orange, so am substituting a reddish orange.  I need to get a few more pieces to fill in as my goal is to have 6 - 7 of each colour.  I did find another red/orange and two yellows since I took this pic, so I'm well on my way. My other goal is to do 80% from my stash.  I spent a small fortune on her Easy Street and still haven't finished it.  Next I'll look at neutrals.  I had pulled tone on tones, then saw Bonnie's and realised her neutrals are really small prints.   

Brigit-Carol

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Christine:

My FQ's I have are really mellow compared to Bonnies colors and maybe that is why they never get used.  Orange is not plentiful or yellow even in my stash.  Now blue and green and brown and red are and pink are in my stash may end up going that route for this one but my greens are more olive greens then her green. was wanting to use more off white since I used up most my whites on her last 2 mysteries. On Easy Street I did not have FQ either ended up cutting into yardage and on Lazy Sunday was able to use from scrap bins.  

Oh man just don't know what colors to go with glad we have awhile so I can sort my scrap bins by colors and see what colors are plentiful.

Someone on the Quilting Board is going with fall type colours and named hers "Autumn Equinox". 

Brigit-Carol

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 98
Points 1,565

I saw the Autumn Equinox so beautiful.  Currently I have went through my scrap bins looking like my selection will be off white, yellow, red, blue, green :)  Unless I go none scrapping .  

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Jacy!  Love your idea of laying out the fabrics on different backgrounds. I've been struggling with figuring out what to do for my  background material.  Do I use what is in the stash or dash out the shop?? 

Off to the drawing board to actually see what the fabrics I have look like with my color collection!  Thanks!!  This is going to help a lot. 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Page 3 of 21 (301 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use