rated by 0 users
This post has 61 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:27 PM

Mimi:
Okay team 2013 New Years Day Mystery Quilt here is my version.

I like it Mimi. Beautiful fabrics.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:30 PM

Janet Hanley:

Hi fellow quilters, here is my 2 squares for the  New Year's Day Mystery quilt. 

Hope the light blue neutrals work out in the larger quilt ok. I like each square individually.

Janet,

these look good. I love the blues here. Your centre fabrics are really cool too. 

Janet Hanley:
The directions for the scrappy version left out many specifics and I was longing for the chaining in the posted versions but this is the risk in mystery quilting.

I haven't read the pattern yet. I was planning on going scrappy but not sure if I'll even make this now. I've got too much going on.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:33 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Here is my finished New Years Day Mystery quilt.  It is now officially another UFO!!   That's TIpper sitting in front if it.  He's feeling a bit neglected--too much sewing, too little time walking and playing in the snow!  

That's a great quilt Judy. 

Tipper seems very patient. I hope you made it up to him.

I'm slow going today. Haven't made it to the sewing room yet.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Thanks Mimi,

i appreciate the support. 

Ive done several more blocks and feeling more pleased with it.

mine is scrappy so I've decided to alter my light blue center churn dash with a medium warm blue.

it felt like it needed more color. I love the paisley but its a pale center.

Many things going on today, music etc plus my computer is down and I'm working off an I pad.

My picture uploaded from the iPad a bit odd. Must be upside down or inside out. my iPad screen is a bit small to figure it out.

hope to have my computer back from HP in 1-2 weeks, ugg!

Happy quilting, signing off to work for a few days.

all the best,

Jan

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Your blocks are looking great Janet!  Looks like you got the iPad camera figured out too!  :-)

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 9:37 PM

All righty!  Between packing up the kitchen...what were you thinking keep this 20 year old junk??.....and teaching full time.....maybe we could have a late start if it snowed??......I've finally finished piecing the top.  It still needs borders but it's 69 x 86 right now. I added another column and row to fit our queen sized bed. It may turn out to be my second tent.  I have a ways to go to catch up to Nana though. LOL Hope to finish up soon. How's everyone else doing?

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Mimi:
It may turn out to be my second tent.

Really nice tent Mimi!   I really like your quilt.  It's great.

I made the back for mine New Year's quilt this week.  I did take a stack of UFOs to sandwich at our guild's Quilt Camp on Saturday. It's held in the gym of one of the local parochial school so there is LOTS of room to lay out quilts.  I got 3 quilts sandwiched but didn't take the New Year's quilt.  We have Show and Tell on Wednesday at our meeting and 4 of us in the guild made the quilt. I didn't want to "pre-reveal" the quilt and still the thunder from my friends. 

I'm hoping to finish it up in a couple weeks.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,421
Points 40,355
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:00 PM

Thanks, Judy & dogs.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish the top soon.  The border's not that complicated but with everything else it could take a while.  I think I'll be taking my two larger quilts to church to sandwich too.  There is a very large fellowship hall that I could use and if that's not available I'll use the basement youth room.  It has a linoleum floor.  Have fun with the Show and Tell.  Take some pictures so we can see all the varieties.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Here's the show and tell with the New Years Mystery quilt from the Proper Bostonian Quilt Guild meeting this evening. 4 of us made this quilt.  I reposted mine from a home photo so you could see them all together.   They are in various states of completion-sandwiched, top completed, half done and still blocks.  All in good time!!

It was so much fun to see what folks had done and to have them all in together. Way to go ladies!!

Kace's Lighthouse quilt                                                

Ginny's Tool box Quilt

Janet's Blue, yellow green and lavender garden 

Judy's Batik

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:51 PM

Mimi:
I've finally finished piecing the top.

I love it Mimi.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 23 2013 8:53 PM

Judy & Dogs:
4 of us made this quilt.  I reposted mine from a home photo so you could see them all together.   They are in various states of completion-sandwiched, top completed, half done and still blocks.  All in good time!!

Thanks for sharing Judy. I like them.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

I finished sewing on the binding and the label on 1/31/13 so my 2013 New Year's Day Mystery quilt is finally complete.  :o) 

Attached are 2 photos of the quilt.  One of the front and one of the reverse so you can see the quilting.  I had fun doing some free motion quilting that copies some of the motifs in the batiks and some that echoes the pattern of the quilt.  I really happy with how this quilt turned out. 
How are you all progressing with your projects?

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,441
Points 361,687
Kris replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 10:06 PM

Nice work Judy. I love your quilting.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Thanks Kris!

Page 4 of 5 (62 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use