rated by 0 users
This post has 61 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Hi fellow quilters,

Happy new year 2013!

Happy to be working on this MQ with Judy and dogs, and 2 other pals having great time some of the time. 

Here's a photo of my first set of 24 squares. Fortunately, i am not so far along, so that I have not gotten to the mistake in the directions yet.

Hope the directions will all be straightened out by the time i get there.

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 129
Points 2,125

Hi Quilters! Don't you love the tools in this fabric? These are my friend Ginny's blocks. We are all working together on this project.

Happy New Year!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:52 PM

Does anyone know how many steps we have to do?

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:54 PM

Janet Hanley:
Hope the directions will all be straightened out by the time i get there.

Are the directions somewhere wrong?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:59 PM

Kelley:
Are the directions somewhere wrong?

Yes but not too much of a mistake.  You can make it up by taking off the light cool square off of some of the pieces. She does address it on page 7.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:27 PM

ok Some how Im confused .. ..lol..easy for me to be confused... I sew together 3 2 inch strips and 3 2 by 11 inch strips?

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Just home from a great day with my friends.  

It got pretty wild and wooly at times.  The air was full of everyone talking to themselves about 7/8", 5/8", 3/4" and wondering again which was medium warm vs one of the other shades. 

I got through step 7, including undoing the error in the directions.  The corrected information is there in the instructions--follow the note with the correction.  I think this set is now correct.

I had hoped to get the top all done today but I'm quilted for the day!!

Here are the blocks my friend Kace made. 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:51 PM

Judy & Dogs:
I had hoped to get the top all done today but I'm quilted for the day!!

Me too!!  I'm waiting for the reveal before I do anymore. These are pictures of my quilt so far.  The brown is a little too yellow in the picture and I'm still wondering which way to set the main block together.  Oh well tomorrow's another day......OH DRAT....I have to work tomorrow.  My winter vacation is over. Boo hooo!!  I've had such a great time sewing with my QCA friends.  Won't be on as much as during this week but I'll try to keep up.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,479
Points 41,345
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 8:57 PM

Kelley,

I thought the directions were kinda hard to understand until I realized that the 11 inch strips were to give added material strips so you would get the needed amount of units after you sewed the strips together. That way you didn't need to cut wof strips and waste a lot of fabric. I got mine out of the scraps I had left over from the first cutting.     So you sew the 1 3/4 inch strip with the two 2 inch strips in the exact order as before.  Cut according to direction after they're sewed together.  Hope that helps.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Mimi--your quilt is looking great!   It is fun sewing with everyone here.   Have a good day back at work!  (It'll be the weekend in just 2 more days)!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 3:44 PM

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. I still plan on making it though.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Kris:

Sorry I didn't get to this yesterday. I still plan on making it though.

So I have a question for you folks who are still planning on making this.  Should we refrain from posting our finished quilt tops for a couple weeks (NOT that mine is done)!! so it will still be a mystery?  Or since you can look ahead on the website does it matter to you? 

• Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 9:45 PM

How is everyone doing on this mystery? Happy 2013..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 2:39 AM

Judy & Dogs:
So I have a question for you folks who are still planning on making this.  Should we refrain from posting our finished quilt tops for a couple weeks (NOT that mine is done)!! so it will still be a mystery?  Or since you can look ahead on the website does it matter to you? 

Oh no go ahead and post. 

The quilt has been revealed so this won't bother me one bit.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 485
Points 9,195
Jan replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 1:01 PM

I am planning on doing it as well.  I usually don't like reveal type stuff before the time, but since it is finished and we are "catching up" I think it is fine to post as we go.

Jan In Rochester NY

Page 2 of 5 (62 items) Prev12345Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use