Bonnie Hunter Mystery Easy Street

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 145
Points 1,895

Kris,  It's BEAUTIFUL!!!  I love your fabric choices.  I wish I would have made one too.

Denise

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:42 PM

Jacy:
Here's my progress,

Super color selection.  I like the way the blues and turquoise pull the colors of the blocks out more.  The purple in mine sort of makes its own individual statement.  NIce job.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:45 PM

dardar:
Here is a sample of what the blocks look like.

Sorry so late with the comments dardar.  I guess that's what working does to you.  Anyway I love how soft your background is working out.  It makes the other colors more dominant.  Keep up the great work.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:49 PM

Kris:
here's my top.

And you were worried about not having one orange?.....WOW!  That's one beautiful quilt, Kris!  You've inspired me to use brown as a constant in my next Easy Street. Great job!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:33 PM

Thanks for all the great comments everyone.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605

Kris:
Still thinking on whether or not to add the borders. It's pretty hard to move this thing around already.

Kris, I love your colors.  I like your rearrangement of the greens and purples.  As for a border, I probably would add a narrow purple border and bind with purple.  To me, anything more would take the eye away from the patterns of the blocks.  The orange is perfect.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,358
Points 28,605

dardar:
I am kind of worried about this fabric, it's stiffness and the dark color, but not sure it I should prewash,

Dardar, I definately would prewash the backing because of the stiffness and color.  I used to think everything needed to be prewashed, but that is a holdover from many, many years ago when there was more shrinkage in cottons.  I have mixed washed with unwashed and have seen no difference.  

Marsha - Western New York

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 8,840
Jan replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:13 AM

Dardar,

I ran across that with a maroon type color for MQ7.  I decided NOT to wash it.  Wrong decision.  I don't think the shrinkage was much different, but it did run.  I washed it in cold.  I immediately washed it again in cold with a color catcher and it was fine.  The only place you could still see the pink was the edges of the  label.  I would definitely wash it first to be safe.

Jan in Rochester NY

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,392
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:54 AM

Marsha-SM:
Kris, I love your colors.  I like your rearrangement of the greens and purples.  As for a border, I probably would add a narrow purple border and bind with purple.  To me, anything more would take the eye away from the patterns of the blocks.  The orange is perfect.

Thanks Marsha. I've decided it's done and DH agrees.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Jacy--really like your blocks a lot.  The really pop.

This is taking a lot longer to assemble than I had expected.  Hat's off to you ladies who have completed your tops!!  4 more blocks and I'll be done.  Hopefully I get that done some time today.  Whew.

Here is my quilt on the design wall--Clearly the wall isn't big enough for this quilt!!  :0)   I really like it.  The colors are prettier real life than indoors in artificial light.  Our guild is having a show this year.   I think this is going to be one my entries!!

This group has been really quiet. How is everyone else doing?

Back to the sewing machine!!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

Judy & Dogs:
This group has been really quiet. How is everyone else doing?

Judy & Dogs. I just have to sandwich Easy Street and quilt it. That may wait until after the Branson retreat. Today I'm quilting MQ7 Nana's Surprise, while watching the Seattle Seahawks thump the Altanta Falcons. (hopefully hopefully) Our whole neighborhood has 12th man posters in windows. And, get this, some churches in Washington State have rescheduled their services so people can watch the game this morning.

Game is starting, gotta go.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:38 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Here is my quilt on the design wall-

Oh dear......... no photo showed up. Maybe you can try again, I'd love to see it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 12:54 PM

Judy & Dogs:
How is everyone else doing?

Haven't had time to work on it this week.  I'm packing up the kitchen for remodeling.  Contractors start on Jan 21st.  I'm trying to sew a while and pack a while.  DH wanted to make another batch of home brew before they rip everything out so I'm getting a little more time this afternoon.   I decided to make the New Year's Day mystery quilt larger and have been working on cutting more fabric to make the quilt large enough for our bed.  Hope to have the top finished this PM.  This one is a keeper.  Next will be my DS birthday quilt.  Then Bonnie's MQ.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 1:12 PM

Finished the top. . minus the border today. I was not going to use a border, but I am thinking it might be necessary, just to keep the edges from stretching. I am thinking something about 2 inches.

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,788
Points 122,730

DarDar, it's really beautiful. Love the colors.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 20 of 22 (326 items) «Prev1819202122Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use