Bonnie Hunter Mystery Easy Street

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405

I finished the Easy Street top. I had a problem because I used too many busy prints and also didn't use a solid constant (gray) like Bonnie suggested. The pattern doesn't pop out. I had to do something so I added 1/4" sashing between the blocks. Even though it didn't turn out like it was susposed to, I love the colors and George loves the quilt. I was going to do a border of the left over 3" blocks but he nixed that. Said it was too busy. He was right, as usual.

I do like this pattern and plan to make it again, only not scrappy.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:13 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I do like this pattern and plan to make it again, only not scrappy.

Me too, Judy. Especially what she used for black-on-white.  I'm using a constant next time.   And don't be so hard on yourself.  Your quilt came out wonderfully.   Loving the corners.  It is quite lovely.  Congratulations.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:45 PM

Judy, Love your colors.  It looks really nice.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:02 PM

I think the colors are beautiful. I think the neat things about this is the diversity in the outcomes depending on the colors used..

I did not exactly follow the directions either. I had grey instead of black and white backgrounds, which actually made some things stand out even more, but I wonder if it will be as easy to hide the quilting.  I like scrappy, but just can't really let go, plus I did not have that much fabric to go totally scrappy..

I have 7 more block b to do. Probably won't get it done today, I hope to get 3 more and then do 2 each night after work. I'll try to do some pictures tonight.

Again I love those blues and purples.  This is the most difficult quilt I have every done and I feel just completing it is quite an accomplishment.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 5:52 PM

I have four B Blocks to do.  Here is a sample of what the blocks look like.

• Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,613
Points 119,405

Really pretty Dar Dar.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:10 PM

Lookin' good.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435

Judy T-Bellingham:
I had to do something so I added 1/4" sashing between the blocks.

Judy, I like the originality of the sashing in your quilt.  There are so many different interpretations of this quilt - all are beautiful in their own way.  I didn't use the black  and white prints because I thought it would look too busy with the lighter color fabrics I was using, but your dark sashing breaks up the busyness of those fabrics.  I like it.  I just finished the blocks for a New Year's Eve quilt today and hope to sew it together tomorrow.  Then on to Easy Street.  I have only 3 steps done so far so will be much later with posting the finished top.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435

dardar:
Here is a sample of what the blocks look like

Very pretty.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,345
Points 28,435

Jean:

Okay, here's my Halloween Easy Street quilt.  I really do like it.  So happy I did it.  I didn't make it as big and the extra squares I'm going to make another one.  Can't wait to see everyone's quilts.

When I first saw your fabrics, I wondered how they would blend - they were so bright.  I love the result.  The colors don't overpower each other as I thought they might. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,892
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:46 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I finished the Easy Street top.

Nice work Judy. I like your blues and the thin sashing works.

I got my blocks together but will wait for better light to get a photo. Most likely tomorrow before work.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,892
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:50 PM

dardar:
I have four B Blocks to do.  Here is a sample of what the blocks look like.

It's looking good Dardar.

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:59 PM

Oh I am loving all your quilts, each different but all beautiful.

I've been making progress on mine. I had planned to switch the placement of the turquoise and green, but them I forgot and followed her colors. I wish I'd redone that step so that my quilt would have ended up with lots of turquoise. Oh well my kids like the green so I guess it's good.

Here's my progress, although I have changed the 4 patch on the bottom rows so they are going the right way now.

• Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,892
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 2:45 AM

Jacy:
Here's my progress,

VEry nice Jacy. Pretty fabrics.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:03 AM

Like it Jacy.  

• Post Points: 20
Page 18 of 22 (326 items) «Prev1617181920Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use