Bonnie Hunter Mystery Easy Street

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 6:23 PM

if I had any idea what I was getting into I probably would not have had the nerve to do the quilt. But only getting little bits at a time makes it doable. I am happy how it is turning out and extra happy that I went went a soft neutral for the background. I did not have any black and white and only a few grey and white, but it is working out well. I was using the grey and white

Here are  7 of A block done.

• Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

dardar:
extra happy that I went went a soft neutral for the background. I did not have any black and white

You made a lovely choice of background. I like the soft colors which set off the bright fabrics beautifully. Good job.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Dardar--I know what you've been doing today. Wow--you have a lot of blocks done.  I like the neutral background with your colors.  

Kris--Bold has really paid off for you.  Your block A and block B looks fabulous.

Mimi--Block A is looking good!

It'll be several days before I can get to putting my blocks together. I can't wait to see them come together.

Judy T-looking forward to seeing your pink--if that's what you decide!!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 9:36 PM

dardar:
Here are  7 of A block done.

And done beautifully too.  I really like the soft background. I like seeing what everyone has done as I'm thinking of doing another colorway and giving both as presents some day.  We'll see.  Anyway your quilt is going to be fabulous.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 9:39 PM

Kris, your quilts are always so dynamic and happy.  This is going to be another winner.  Gotta go to work tomorrow so I won't be on as much as I've been.  Something has to pay for my fabric addiction.  I'll try to post once in a while as I progress.  Been great to be in touch with all my QCA friends this week and half.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,837
Points 123,680

Judy & Dogs:
Judy T-looking forward to seeing your pink--if that's what you decide!!

I settled on a couple pink/blueprints and a couple light blues to replace the gold. I like it although there isn't nearly as much definition in the overall layout. But the colors please me. I think this is a pattern I might actually make again, only not scrappy. Bonnie said to use lots of fabrics to make movement. Well, my quilt is going to move, that's for sure.

A picture later. I only have one A and one B block completed.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 3:39 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

Awesome Kris! Just blows my mine what you guys are doing without knowing what it should look like in the end.

Thanks Judy. It's always a leap of faith when colours are assigned ahead of time without a picture.

Judy & Dogs:
Kris--Bold has really paid off for you.  Your block A and block B looks fabulous.

Thanks. I'm really liking these. After the reveal I couldn't wait to get it done but alas, my headache took me down. I never did get up from that nap until it was time to get ready for work today.

Mimi:
Kris, your quilts are always so dynamic and happy.  This is going to be another winner.  Gotta go to work tomorrow so I won't be on as much as I've been.

Thanks Mimi. I'm at work but I'd rather be sewing. School's back on too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 3:40 PM

dardar:
Here are  7 of A block done

I like them Dardar.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 4:04 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
A picture later. I only have one A and one B block completed.

Looking forward to you photo Judy.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:00 PM

Okay, here's my Halloween Easy Street quilt.  I really do like it.  So happy I did it.  I didn't make it as big and the extra squares I'm going to make another one.  Can't wait to see everyone's quilts.

• Post Points: 80
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,468
Points 41,125
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:07 PM

Jean:
Okay, here's my Halloween Easy Street quilt.

Wow Jean, It's really great.  I love the way it all works together.  WTG.  I just started planning another one I love this pattern so much.  You did a great job.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Jean!!!  Your Halloween quilt is amazing!  is looks so complex with your colors.  You stepped out of the box and it really paid off big time!  Congrats!!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:20 PM

Thanks Judy and Mimi.  I was a little nervous, and now I just need to put it together.  Bonnie's pattern can go with most any fabric I guess.  This was the first time I did flying geese and by the end, I got a lot better.  And I can honestly say if I had seen what the outcome was going to be, I probably would not have attempted it.  But sure glad that I did.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,979
Points 368,857
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:56 PM

Jean:
Okay, here's my Halloween Easy Street quilt.  I really do like it.  So happy I did it.  I didn't make it as big and the extra squares I'm going to make another one.  Can't wait to see everyone's quilts.

It's gorgeous Jean.  WTG.

I have five nore blocks to make then I can start putting it together.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,695
Helen replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:54 AM

Jean, I love how it turned out!  It looks fabulous!

Page 17 of 22 (326 items) «Prev1516171819Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use