Bonnie Hunter Mystery Easy Street

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:51 PM

Marsha, Your steps are looking good. I really like how you are using one constant for the whites.  I was thinking I'd like to try another one using different colors and the two constants and see how that works together.  Thanks for sharing.  Keep up the good work.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 1:03 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Well, fooh on you buddy.

Judy T-Bellingham:
See if he gets anything special for dinner today! MAYBE a peanut butter sandwich.

I just had such a laughing fit!  You'd better make that fancy peanut butter if you want him to have good luck this year.  My DH is not quite as bad.  He does like to put in his two cents.  I have a scrap quilt on my design wall that has about 80 fabrics in it.  He says it makes his eyes hurt.  Well it's a good thing it's not for him. 

On another note, I think I mentioned this before but have you thought of putting pinks into your Easy Street?  I don't know why but it just keeps saying pink to me, just MHO.  If that's not something you think will work then I like the pop that the golds/oranges give it. I'm sure after a time away you'll come up with a great decision. 

I'd invite you for pork roast with mashed potatoes, carrots, sauerkraut, and apple sauce but I think you might be too far away.  (Can you tell we're of German decent?) Enjoy your other projects while you percolate on Easy Street.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Mimi:
On another note, I think I mentioned this before but have you thought of putting pinks into your Easy Street?  I don't know why but it just keeps saying pink to me, just MHO.  If that's not something you think will work then I like the pop that the golds/oranges give it. I'm sure after a time away you'll come up with a great decision.

I'd invite you for pork roast with mashed potatoes, carrots, sauerkraut, and apple sauce but I think you might be too far away.  (Can you tell we're of German decent?) 

Mimi, yes I did consider your suggestion about pink. I just don't have pinks that would work. They are either two grayish or wild pink. Now that I see the finished pattern and how prominent her green is I'm even more reluctant to use my golds.

I just MIGHT make a quilt shop run tomorrow and see what fat quarter pink/lavender shades they have. 

I also have another problem, I think. I cut the number of pieces in half cuz I wanted a lap quilt. Seeing the layout, It may not come out right so I may have make it even smaller with larger borders which means I'd have some left over.  It probably would have been easier to follow the directions. I don't know why I do this to myself! (LOL)

Mimi, thanks for the invite to dinner. Yep, Pennsylvania would be a bit far to travel from my neck of the woods in Washington State. German food? Oh Yum! I could have brought some Krumkake and Lefse (but would have left the Lutefisk behind. Can you tell I'm a Norske?)

I'll let you know what color I decide on for Easy Street.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:45 PM

Marsha-SM:
Everyone is so far ahead of me on this quilt.  Here is my step 3 (I think it is 3).

Very pretty Marsha.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 3:51 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I found it! It's under her home page and not under Easy Street tab. Tricky!

She's away from home so the links aren't update right away. I subscribe to the blog so all her posts come to my email's RSS feed.

I got step 7 done and need a break. Here's a sampling:

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Kris, these are awesome!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:37 PM

Kris:
I got step 7 done

These are looking really good Kris.  Love the deep blue/purple with the orange.  I was needing a break after only making 7 of those big triangle units too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 4:40 PM

Here is one of the 16 Block A's from Easy Street. I've only done one..... Bonnie says to make sure everything is lined up correctly.  I learned that the hard way but live and learn and my seam ripper was feeling lonely I guess.  Can't wait to try Block B. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Mimi Mimi Mimi....your A block is gorgeous!!

By the way, I dug some more and found some pink/blue fabric that I'm "auditioning". I think it may be a go. If I use it, it will be a more subtle quilt but I think I'll like it. No pictures until I get further. And, if I sew it together and it's a flop, well there's one more charity quilt!

But, oh, I do love your fabrics.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:26 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Kris, these are awesome!

Mimi:
These are looking really good Kris.  Love the deep blue/purple with the orange.  I was needing a break after only making 7 of those big triangle units too.

Thanks Mimi and Judy T. 
I have four of the big blocks completed. I want to finish tonight but I'm feeling lightheaded so going for a nap.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:26 PM

Mimi:
Here is one of the 16 Block A's from Easy Street. I've only done one..... Bonnie says to make sure everything is lined up correctly.  I learned that the hard way but live and learn and my seam ripper was feeling lonely I guess.  Can't wait to try Block B. 

Looks great Mimi.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:44 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
But, oh, I do love your fabrics.

Thanks so much, Judy!  I was so excited to have all the pieces fit together so beautifully.  I was so surprised that once I got it done correctly it just sort of melted together.  I did twirl some of the seams and tried to press toward the side of least resistance.  With so many pieces it really lies very flat.  Thanks again.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,456
Points 40,815
Mimi replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 5:46 PM

Kris:
Looks great Mimi.

Thanks for your kind words, Kris.  Hope you feel lots better soon.  Those headaches can be very debilitating.  Take care of yourself.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 1 2013 6:02 PM

Thanks Mimi,

here are blocks before I go:

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,611
Points 119,380

Awesome Kris! Just blows my mine what you guys are doing without knowing what it should look like in the end.

Page 16 of 22 (326 items) «Prev1415161718Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use