rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Kris:

Judy,

don't change it. We don't know how this will end and you'll probably use more of that gold in another step. 

The colours with the most yardage are usually used more than the others.

That's what I'm hoping Kris. But I'm at the ready with alternate fabrics on the sideboard waiting to be sliced and diced in an emergency.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Kris:
I would like to, one day, attend one of Bonnie's workshops or retreats.

Me too. She sounds like a hoot! I know Bonnie lurks on QCA so, if you're listening Bonnie, meeting you and/or taking a seminar with you is at the top of my bucket list.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:06 PM

Last summer I took a class from her at the Hershey Quilt Odyssey.  She is going to do that show again in 2013.  It is always the last weekend of July. This year July 25 - 28th.  I'm hoping to register for at least one of her classes again this summer.  Registration opens March 9th at noon.  She is so down to earth and "real."  It's got to be the best class I've taken so far.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:50 PM

The closest I've gotten to Bonnie so far is her blog. I'm a longtime subscriber. It's hard to keep up with her daily but I take some time on the weekend to read her stuff and I try to catch "quilt cam" but this is usually during work hours so I've only seen a little of it.

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:52 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:

That's what I'm hoping Kris. But I'm at the ready with alternate fabrics on the sideboard waiting to be sliced and diced in an emergency.

LOL Judy,

I have some standing by too. I was really thinking twice about the brown but it looks good in the photo with all the fabrics so I'm holding on.

Last year I switched fabrics mid stream, which put me behind then I left it all together. I will finish that darn thing some day.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Jean--Liking what is happening with your Halloween Easy St!

Judy T-I like your bright yellow/gold/orange fabrics.  I like how it adds a bright accent.

Here are my steps 1, 4 and 3.  I've got my green squares cut too but didn't put them in this photo. I ordered Bonnie Hunter's  String Fling and it arrived today.  Amazing what she can do with strings!  Orca Bay was the last mystery quilt???  Now I see why she has called this quilt Easy St.  My hats are off to all of you who did the Orca Bay!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Judy & Dogs:
 Orca Bay was the last mystery quilt???  Now I see why she has called this quilt Easy St.  My hats are off to all of you who did the Orca Bay!

Judy & Dogs, I like your fabrics. I did Orca Bay. It was a challenge for me. I broke it up into two quilts and made them into different layouts. I like them really well. I am so anxious to see what Easy Street turns out to be. I usually check first thing on Friday mornings but the next step isn't posted until later in the day so I don't get it until I get home from work. Bummer.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Judy T-Bellingham:
I did Orca Bay. It was a challenge for me.

Cool!  Do you have photos of your 2 Orca Bay quilts?

I know how you feel about the Friday posting.  I've had some Fridays off this month. She hasn't been posting until the afternoon sometime.  Hard waiting when I have some free time but somehow those Friday mornings filled up without any problem!  ;-)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Judy & Dogs:

Judy T-Bellingham:
I did Orca Bay. It was a challenge for me.

Judy & dogs. Here are the two quilts I made out of her Orca Bay. The one with blue went to a friend who's husband was battling cancer (He also got a quilt, different pattern) and the red one hasn't been quilted yet. Maybe next month.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,825
Points 352,597
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 1:11 AM

Judy & Dogs:

Judy,

the discussion on "Orca Bay" can be found here. I'm still working on mine but I've discovered that I detest string piecing so it's the string blocks that have stymied me. I'm thinking of just cutting one piece of fabric to eliminate the strings pieced one but I've started putting it together and do not wish to rip what I started.

Oh the pain...LOL

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Fabulous Orcas Judy T. Love the border on the green one.  Thanks fot the link to the Orca discussion, Kris.

Having seen these quilts, I'm eager to see what our Easy Street is going to look like!  Week by week!  

Judy

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935

Judy T-Bellingham:

Here are the two quilts I made out of her Orca Bay. 

Wow - These are awesome!  I have been following this discussion - really wanted to do Easy Street with you guys, but I just have too much going on right now.  Seeing these makes me really wish I had an easy street in progress!  I really love Bonnie's quilts, but I have too many UFO's in progress at the moment.    

Raleigh, NC

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:28 PM

Kris:
I've discovered that I detest string piecing

Kris I agree with you 200%.  I don't think string piecing is something I really want to tackle.  I have actually started a bag of  string scraps for Bonnie that I'm going to give to her when I see her in July. 

Judy T, I soooooo admire you for sticking with Orca Bay and finishing two tops.  (I hope I have the right Judy.)  Both are just lovely.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,344
Points 38,975
Mimi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:31 PM

Judy & Dogs:
Here are my steps 1, 4 and 3.

I really like how soft and vintage your pieces are starting to look.  I just love the reproduction fabric now a days. Great job.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,645

Mimi:
Judy T, I soooooo admire you for sticking with Orca Bay and finishing two tops.  (I hope I have the right Judy.)  Both are just lovely.

Thanks Mimi. It wasn't bad. I didn't really make two quilts. I broke up her pattern into two quilts, half size and was very pleased with the results. I am excited about Easy Street. I'm making it half size to begin with so am not doing so many little blocks. I may be sorry that I didn't make all the pieces and break up into two lap quilts.

Page 11 of 22 (326 items) «Prev910111213Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use