Bonnie Hunter Mystery Easy Street

rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Jean,

I love it when someone is brave and steps out and does something totally different in a mystery quilt.  Your bright yellow geese are great--they really pop!

Dardar,

I like your geese too.  Great collection of fabrics.  Bright and bold.  They look great.

I have to say, this is a lot of fun!  

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Brigit-Carol,

I like your geese too.  The ones you posted sure don't look wonky to me!  I really like your grey!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:56 PM

dardar:
Step two nearly done.

Very pretty geese Dardar.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:23 AM

I will be using the lime green and purple for the other colors.  Hope that tones down the orange.  Oh well, it will be real Halloweeny!!  I love the way everyone's is coming together.  I just wouldn't use the colors Bonnie suggested.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Step 3 is up at Quiltville!  I'm going to get to use all those extra background triangles I cut due to lousy math in the last step!  Yeah!!  This next step is a fun one!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 5:38 PM

Judy & Dogs:
I'm going to get to use all those extra background triangles I cut due to lousy math in the last step!

Oh you are so lucky to already have those 2 inch triangles cut.  See mistakes aren't always mistakes.  You just were looking into the future and could see we would need more of those cute triangles.  Love the new step.  Of course I love teal and aqua.  Hope to finish step 2 tonight and start step 3 tomorrow.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:11 PM

Well I finally finished step 2 tonight.  Some of the purples are a little washed out from the flash but it's coming together.  Can't wait to start step 3 tomorrow.  How are the rest of you doing?  I think after this I'll have to wait until after Christmas to do step 4. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:23 PM

Nice work Mimi.

I'm trying to get all my homework done tonight so I can sew tomorrow. 

• Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 730
Points 18,300

I love the different interpretations of the quilt colours.  Since this is my first Bonnie Hunter mystery I went with her choices, but I really am not too enamoured by them.  If the quilt turns out OK in spite of my poor sewing, I'll probably donate it to charity -- maybe to be raffled. 

This next step certainly is "interesting" but at least I'm going to get to use the rest of the 2" b/w strips I still have left over.  I can't believe I cut so many!

Brigit-Carol

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:24 PM

I did all my cutting last night.  I might not get to sew until tomorrow night.  I have a tradition of making gingerbread houses with the grandchildren and tomorrow is the my oldest granddaughter (5) and 3 of her friends.  I am liking the Halloween pattern but can't figure out how it is all going to go together yet.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:53 PM

Kris:
so I can sew tomorrow. 

Oh I hope you can sew.  I try so hard to get all my school work done before the weekend so I can do what I want on the weekend.  I finished step 3 today.  Because the squares are larger I put the purple square on top of itself. So each grouping has 4 squares in it with the same purple square.  I hope that was clear.  I'm not trying to guess the layout.  Just trying to get all the samples in the picture. Sorry some of the picture is out of focus.

Hope to finish MQ 7 tonight and then I can finish up Christmas presents. 

• Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,827
Points 123,540

Mimi:

... I finished step 3 today.  Because the squares are larger I put the purple square on top of itself. 

Oh, dear. My blocks don't look anything like yours. Did I miss a step?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,467
Points 41,120
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:24 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
Oh, dear. My blocks don't look anything like yours. Did I miss a step?

Oh No, I thought maybe this would happen.  I made the squares that Bonnie showed in her step 3.  Then I had 64 to show so I put four squares on top of each other with the purple square piled on top.  This is a picture of the squares without being put together.  Sorry I worried you.  : (

• Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,827
Points 123,540

That's OK Mimi. It's easy to confuse this old lady! Love your colors and how you're playing with the blocks.  I'm loving this MQ so far. I'm anxious for the "green" step although I'm using gold instead with the purple and turquoise/teal.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,782
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:20 PM

Mimi:
Oh I hope you can sew.  I try so hard to get all my school work done before the weekend so I can do what I want on the weekend.

Got homework done and everything is cut. I'm working on this and MQ7.

I like your pieces. Great fabrics.

Page 7 of 22 (326 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use