rated by 0 users
This post has 325 Replies | 13 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:06 AM

WTG Judy T. Pretty fabrics.

I don't have a constant (should have read more carefully). I have 102 4-patches done so I guess everything will be scrappy.

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

dardar:

Did you use all of your grey when you cut your 2 inch strips for these four patches. 

I also cut 20 strips of background. I think I'll have a few extras when I'm done with the 4 patches.  
I also have 1 yd left of the 2 yd of my "grey" listed as needed.  Makes sense to have left over since she said it a background. 
Judy T-
Like your flower print background!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 8:11 AM

Kris:
I don't have a constant

With the orange being such a dominant color, I would guess that would be your constant no matter how many different orange fabrics were put into the quilt. From your picture it seems that both fabrics are very much the same tone, so they would appear the same.  I think it would attract more interest wondering if the orange was the same or if I was seeing something different.  It's going to be great no matter what.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 8:14 AM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I hope I don't regret it.

Bonnie's quilts are so forgiving as far as fabric choices are concerned.  I think it's going to make your quilt unique.  I like those flowers.  And your white with black's are darker so the constant will appear lighter.  Great job.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 465
Points 7,420
Pat Badder replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 11:19 AM

Here are my fabrics for Easy Street. I still have to finish my four patches. What I have so far is what I had in my stash I know later in steps I will have to purchase a little more material.  Hopefully I won't have to purchase too much more.

Pat B

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 12:01 PM

Pat Badder:
 Here are my fabrics for Easy Street.

Oh Pat, I really like your gray fabric.  It's perfect.  Looking good!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 1:46 PM

I agree, I love your choices

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Great to see this new thread up -- makes it easier to find and respond to.  Thanks, Nana. 

Here are my selections.  I've cut and sewn the strips together, but haven't started cutting or assembling the 4 patches yet.  Need to finish up a couple of other projects first.

Brigit-Carol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,455
Points 116,535

I have GOT to make up my mind what fabrics I'm going to use! I'm happy with the 4 patch blocks. That's settled. I just can't decide on the other colors. Nothing really seems to satisfy me. I need opinons.

Here's the selection I posted that I THOUGHT I had settled on.

The more I looked at the fabrics the more dissatisfied I was. I like the blues and purples (although I even changed those around) but the greens just don't seem to do much for me. Here's another combination. What do you all think? Or, should I start over? I'm thinking of a trip to the quilt shop for batik greens. I vowed I wouldn't buy anything for this quilt, but I guess I can handle a couple yards of fat quarters.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:12 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
I like the blues and purples

How about the blues, purples and teals? Bonnie seemed to use colors that touch each other on the color wheel. Have you tried pink, orange and yellow?  Maybe a magenta? Pink might make your constant shine.  Although a trip to the LQS is always fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:21 PM

Judy T-Bellingham:
The more I looked at the fabrics the more dissatisfied I was. I like the blues and purples (although I even changed those around) but the greens just don't seem to do much for me. Here's another combination. What do you all think?

Judy,

I like both selections. In the top photo the green is a nice "zinger" that contrasts well with the others. The second group is more subtle (no clear standout) but also works.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,454
Points 361,797
Kris replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:25 PM

Mimi:
From your picture it seems that both fabrics are very much the same tone, so they would appear the same.

Mimi,

I actually have 6 oranges. They're very similar with subtle prints. I used three batik FQs that I really like, a few 10 inch squares and yardage. All from my stash I'm happy to say.

I spent most of my day at the hospital. I got back about 45 minutes ago, and certainly don't feel like sewing, so my 102 count stands. I'll have to catch up next weekend.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:33 PM

Got my squares done. Here they are. I used greys and white. I realize after seeing the picture that one (bicycles) stands out above the others, but I think it will work okay. I am also attaching my selections.  I did have to get a few fat quarters of teal, otherwise it all came from my stash and I'm using some fabrics I really like, so I am hopeful about how this will turn out. Those green leaves may be a bit much, but I love them and they are going in..I'll keep my fingers cross.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:33 PM

Kris:
I'll have to catch up next weekend.

I'm sure that it will look wonderful.  I'm going to my DGD#1's dance recital next weekend so I won't be doing much at all.  That's why I worked so hard to get them done before I have to go back to work tomorrow.  It's a full week of teaching.  And I know that I won't feel like working on any quilt tomorrow.  Possibly by Wednesday...........Have a great night.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,422
Points 40,360
Mimi replied on Sun, Nov 25 2012 7:37 PM

dardar:
I am also attaching my selections.

They're really looking very good.  I have a few I don't know about but I'm waiting to see how small I have to cut them.  You just never know with a mystery quilt.  I bet they will all be great. As to your bicycles, they're really fun!

Page 2 of 22 (326 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use