Diamond Strings

rated by 0 users
This post has 163 Replies | 19 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 6:06 AM

Belfry and Carolyn, love your quilts.  I think I have my strips ready to add the muslin.  Hope to be able to do that this week and post my picture.  This was a fun quilt.

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:30 AM

Belfrybat your quilt is so pretty!

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:35 AM

Erin your strips are so wonderful, bright and cheerful.  Of course all my favorite colors :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 332
Points 6,000
Helen replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 7:40 AM

Carol your sashing really brings out the dark colors beautifully!  Great job!

• Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 8:31 AM

Belfry, your quilt looks wonderful, great job

[Ava, Missouri

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Carol:

Belfreybat, I like it, looks great - your blue sets off the colors nicely.  You're going to quilt it yourself?  Very ambitious, good idea to start small,  I' ve  done a few small ones, but chicken to try big ones!

Thank you.  Yes (gulp!) I'm going to quilt it myself using my brand new walking foot using stitch in the ditch.  I've practiced on a smaller quilt and didn't do too badly except a few puckers on the back, so hope this one will go OK.  But I'm one nervous nellie about it as I don't want to mess it up.  Wish me luck!

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,325
Points 27,960
Marsha-SM replied on Mon, Sep 10 2012 4:29 PM

Belfrybat:
Yes (gulp!) I'm going to quilt it myself using my brand new walking foot using stitch in the ditch.

I'm sure you will do well with the walkiing foot.  I found that the walking foot also helped with the bias problemwhen sewing blocks together.  I had no trouble except when tiny triangles and many extra seams met in the seams.  Then the heavy seam seemed to catch in the foot.  I should have taken some of those out and flattened the next strip's seam to eliminate some of the bulk. 

I had planned to put the borders on mine today and take a picture, but got called to on-the-road secretarial duties this morning.  I was going to have a day off, but best laid plans ..........................  We got home at 5:15 and have to leave for a meeting in a few minutes, so no sewing tonight.  I did get the borders cut this morning.  Maybe tomorrow after the 4 hour ordeal of grocery shopping.  I don't shop the tourist trap 4 miles away.  I have to go about 30 miles instead to find a super market.  Maybe I will have some energy left to sew after sorting out and delivering MIL's groceries.  Her list should be small this week.  Her caretaker gave me a huge list last week, enough to last for a while except for perishables.  This project has been a lot of fun and I plan to sew up some more shorter strips to make more wheelchair quilts.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 6:22 PM

Carol

Your quilt is stunning.  I love the dark sashing.

Belfrybat

Your layout is gorgeous.  You did a great job on your quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Tue, Sep 11 2012 9:51 PM

Belfrybat:
Well, here's mine. It looks rather primitive next to all yours, but since this is my first bias quilt, I'm not too unhappy with it.  I took the pic outside, so it shows up as white, but the solid squares are muslin.

Looks great Belfrybat. I really like the colours here.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

This is my first group project on QCA -- will there more more "instructions" or interchange back and forth, or do we just finish the quilt top and that's it?  I noticed this endeavour did not have an end point mentioned when we signed up for it, so am just curious how it works?  Thanks.

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,308
Points 18,340
Erin replied on Thu, Sep 13 2012 9:49 PM

Belfrybat~ we all just post progress and then the end result. We encourage others and chat along the way. Don't know why everyone got so quiet all the sudden? I myself have been super busy and not getting to quilt or read QCA much :( Hoping that things will slow down a little so that I am able to work on the Sept project.  Talk soon... Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,447
Points 361,732
Kris replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 1:14 AM

Belfrybat,

there's no "ending". Those who put this project off (like me) will post when they get around to it and this thread will always be here just like the past projects. When the majority is ready another project will be started.

Traffic can slow down when we're concentrating on making Christmas gifts etc. If you have a project you'll like to make with the group let us know and Nana will start a new thread for those who want to play along.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 7:41 AM

I am probably one of the worst, and just stalk the discussion site until I have finished my quilt.  I do enjoy reading and seeing what everyone has posted and try to post often, but most of the time life takes over.  I'm pretty set on the layout for my squares, just can't decide on whether to use a sashing or not.  Please know that there are probably many of us out here enjoying the works of others.  You all are becoming my life line in my turned upside down world right now.  Thanks everyone.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585

Thanks for the explanation.  I think I was thrown by the description at the beginning about receiving further instructions as we go along.  This is my first group project on this forum, so wasn't sure what to expect. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 788
Points 20,025
Carol replied on Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:33 PM

Thanks, those who answered the question - I'm working on another one, hope you all enjoy this pattern as much as I do and keep on with those scraps!  So many possibilities, no ending, is right, just keep going.  Waiting for the pictures of all t hese beautiful scrappies.

Page 7 of 11 (164 items) «Prev56789Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use