rated by 0 users
This post has 78 Replies | 17 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,897
Kris replied on Thu, Nov 15 2012 3:01 AM

Judy,

I really like your second pile of fabrics.

I have some of mine picked up but this week is much to busy to worry over it. I'll get to picking next week.

• Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 17,525

Judy - I like the second option in the above post -- the one with blues, greens and purples.  Then again, I'm partial to blue and green.  If I do this, I'll do half the number as she suggests in the instructions.  That way I'll end up with a lapsized, which is all I want to make.  I'll just have to see what I can pull from my stash.  Yikes!  I jurst realised that if I do this it will make my third mystery quilt. We'll probably be able to colour me confused in a week or so!

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Fri, Nov 16 2012 2:00 PM

I really want to do this one, and as much I love the colors Bonnie has chosen, I know I would never use this quilt.  So I've been looking at my stash and keep trying other colors to work with.  I'm also doing the Mystery Quilt 7, Nana's Surprise.  This should be an interesting December!!!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 17,525

I broke my promise to myself about not buying any more fabrics and went shopping to fill in the colours needed for this quilt.  $32.00 later....

BUT I couldn't find any grey that was even close to what Bonnie recommends.  The only piece I found was at Walmart and is 3-4 shades darker than the flannel grey.  Not sure what to do.  I'll post pics later of my fabrics (minus the grey) and see if anyone could recommend a substitue as the next closest fabric store is 70+ miles away.

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,343
Points 20,255

Brigit Carol,

Was it $52 or $32?  Be honest - we will not judge you.  :)

Also, as your self-proclaimed friend, I am hereby vetoing the idea of you traveling over 70 miles for a particular shade of grey.  That's too far.  You could always use the Internet and order something, right?

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 17,525

Ah!  You caught me!  It was $52.00 total sale but only $32. worth was for this quilt.  I just couldn't resist a couple of other fabrics that were on sale.  No, I would never travel 70 miles for a couple of yards of fabric -- but Abilene has other attractions and I haven't been for a couple of months.  <sigh>  I can resist anything except temptation.  I'll look on-line and if I can't find something reasonable will probably go with the darker grey from Walmart. 

Here are my selections.  Trying to decide whether to keep the bold print blue or not. 

Brigit-Carol

• Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Belfrybat:

Trying to decide whether to keep the bold print blue or not. 

Definitely keep it--I had to look at the fabrics for a minute to figure out which one you were talking about!!  I think it's a nice addition.

Is there a Joann's near you?  They suddenly have a lot of gray fabrics.  With a coupon (one is always available)  it should be a reasonable purchase.

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,343
Points 20,255

Love those fabrics!  I personally like the bold blue one with the rest.  

I need to get out there and get fabric for this one.  Have been working on So many other things in my spare time!

Raleigh, NC

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 466
Points 7,440
Pat Badder replied on Sun, Nov 18 2012 11:24 PM

Love all the fabrics shown so far. I just might have to check out my fabric stash and see what I can come up with for this one. I'm already doing two mystery quilts. This one sounds interesting. Will check tomorrow and see what I can come up with and will post to get opinions on if they will do. I already printed up the fabrics instructions for the Easy Street Mystery Quilt.

Pat B

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 17,525

There was a thread on another board about the great price and quality of fabrics from Marshall Dry Goods.  I checked them out and found two pieces of grey that I think will work for $3.99 a yard -- one appeared the exact colour of the paint chip and the other a few shades darker.  I ordered both (plus a few others!), so I think I'll be good to go when the first clue is posted on Friday. 

Oh, and I pulled the blue with tiny yellow and orange flowers but left the bolder print. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,875
Points 366,897
Kris replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 6:21 PM

Belfrybat:
Here are my selections.  Trying to decide whether to keep the bold print blue or not. 

Keep it.

I love your colour selection.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 5,635
dardar replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 7:31 PM

Here are my fabrics for Easy Street. There is more fabric than I need, but I figure i can pick and choose, when we start to cut the fabric. I decided against black and white, and will use the grey and white to the left for my background. The center fabric is a piece of Marblehead. I can't wait to get started.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 179
Points 2,305
MizPat replied on Mon, Nov 19 2012 9:54 PM

Oh, and I pulled the blue with tiny yellow and orange flowers but left the bolder print.

Belfrybat, it's funny you did that. That was the one fabric I didn't like from all your pieces!

Please go to the Medeia section and look at my choice to replace the gray fabric and let me know what you all think. Now that I've ordered it, I'm not certain it will work as well as I thought Saturday.

in Albuquerque

It's Quilting! You're supposed to be having fun!

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 17,525

MizPat:

Please go to the Medeia section and look at my choice to replace the gray fabric and let me know what you all think. Now that I've ordered it, I'm not certain it will work as well as I thought Saturday.

Pat - I like your focus fabric, but, like you, not sure it goes well with the others in this particular quilt. Then again, you won't really know until we get some cutting instructions.  I read on another board that Bonnie recommends 13 pieces of each colour for her quilts.  Yikes!  I'm doing good to have 4-5.  I did get a couple of more yesterday so will post another pic later today in media. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,461
Points 40,975
Mimi replied on Thu, Nov 22 2012 12:01 PM

Belfrybat:
I read on another board that Bonnie recommends 13 pieces of each colour for her quilts.

Yikes for me to BB!  I better do some more stash shopping today after the big meal is over.  Thanks for the information.  Happy Turkey day!

Page 4 of 6 (79 items) «Prev23456Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use