rated by 0 users
This post has 46 Replies | 14 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Nana:

Judy

I am a little late but that is a wonderful scrappy.  Don't you just love quiltville.

Hi Nana,

Yes! Quiltville is a great.

Here is my latest scrappy.  I took Peggy Martin's "Quick Strip Paper Piecing" class on Craftsy. After doing some basic paper piecing with the Diamond Strings I decided to try the real deal. The class is wonderful-Peggy is a great teacher.  This is her Dream Weaver pattern.

I'm sticking with Scrappy--the stars came out of my scrap collection--all 2.5" strips, the dark blue with stars in the Irish chain was left over from another quilt and the light blue and white polka dot  fabric was put on the "Help Yourself"  table at my quilt guild. I'm almost afraid to take this to show and tell--whoever gave away the fabric might just want it back now!  ;-)

I'm still thinking about borders. I want this to be a twin and it will need a few more inches to get there. Right now it is 58x71".  I'm all out of the blue polka dot.  Had to piece scraps to make the last 2 big blocks in the Irish Chain and there is a similar material in 2 of the small blocks in the chain because there was just nothing left...  

Opps--just saw an error in my chain when I posted this photo.  Looks like I have a little ripping out to do!  Least it's on the outside edge of the quilt and not in the middle!! 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 12:00 AM

Pretty quilt top Judy.

• Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,779
Points 122,400

Judy:
Here is my latest scrappy.  I took Peggy Martin's "Quick Strip Paper Piecing" class on Craftsy. After doing some basic paper piecing with the Diamond Strings I decided to try the real deal. The class is wonderful-Peggy is a great teacher.  This is her Dream Weaver pattern.

It's a lovely quilt. I actually rather like the little "oops" you did.

I haven't been on here for awhile. Took a trip to Vegas with my girlfriends for our 70th birthdays. Turned out not so good. I ended up in the hospital, at 2 am, with probable food poisoning. Back home now, still a bit miserable, but hopefully on the mend. That was a nasty experience. You know what they say, What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?  Well, let me tell you, I left lots in Vegas! That's all I have to say about that.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 35
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Oct 20 2012 7:58 PM

Judy, love your quilt.  Sorry to hear about your experience in Vegas.  Glad  to hear your feeling better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 9:09 PM

Judy

Your latest scrappy is wonderful.  I love the stars and the irish chain is always a great pattern.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 9:10 PM

Judy T

So sorry that you had such a bad experience in Vegas.  I hope otherwise you had a good time with your girlfriends.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,948
Points 368,262
Kris replied on Mon, Oct 22 2012 11:43 PM

Judy,

sorry you got sick in Vegas. I hope you were still able to have a good time with your girlfriends before that.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,074
Points 66,420
Robin replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 5:59 AM

Love the stars and Irish Chain together.  I hadn't see this one before.

Robin

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Robin:

Love the stars and Irish Chain together.  I hadn't see this one before.

Robin

Thanks Robin and everyone else who commented on my quilt.  :-)

I'm working on the borders now--I going to closed the open  chains on the margins of the quilt.  Haven't decided what to do after that.  Probably just 1-2 borders since this is supposed to be a twin size quilt. 

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

here is a photo of a quilt I just finished, I used the scrappy pattern from May, but the person whose quilt it is wanted all red

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 9:35 PM

I like the one color theme.  Very nice.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,060
Carol replied on Sat, Oct 27 2012 10:05 PM

My scrappy  projects are ongoing - here's the latest. (Well, I've made two more sets of blocks since t his one got finished couple days ago!) 

Then, yesterday, it told me if it was gonna be halloween it needed black cats, so put them on the bottom corners.  Now, can my LAQ quilt spider webs on it?  We'll have to see about that!

• Post Points: 80
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

I love it, I'd like to try this one, but I'm running out of scraps. I've only got 8 colour coded lunch boxes which I'm using for my farmers wife. Guess I'll have to find the time to sew some more to make more scraps, etc etc

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,465
Points 41,130
Mimi replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:04 AM

Carol:
here's the latest.

Carol, I absolutely love the setting you used with these squares.  It totally sparkles.  Spider webs would be perfect!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,355
Points 28,590
Marsha-SM replied on Sun, Oct 28 2012 9:28 AM

Carol:
Now, can my LAQ quilt spider webs on it?  We'll have to see about that!

I like how you set the blocks.  The black cats are a perfect addition.  The one on the left seems to be watching a mouse.  Spiderwebs would be perfect, maybe in black? 

Marsha - Western New York

Page 3 of 4 (47 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use