Jean replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:45 PM

Like the colors.  Good job.

• Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Fri, Sep 21 2012 10:47 PM

Judy, your new scrappy looks great!  I keep trying to  do all of Bonnie's patterns, I like most all of them. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Thanks Judy T, Jean and Carol!  It was fun hunting through all the scraps to get the colors I wanted.

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 736
Points 18,435

What a lovely quilt, Judy.  It just cries "happy".  And I love the play of colours. 

Brigit-Carol

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,053
Points 369,262
Kris replied on Mon, Sep 24 2012 2:36 AM

Judy:
Finally got my "independent project" scrappy August quilt together today

I like it Judy.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 3:42 PM

While I was working on another Diamond in a Square, I decided to make one of her  String X quilts ~~ it got done first, it's just a small one, may add another border later.  Meantime, the blocks for the ^ are done, this time, I used dark for the triangles.  Will post the photo soon,  how is everyone doing on theirs?  I'm really trying to get some of the piles of scraps, strips and strings out of my way around here!  Good luck and fun quilting to you all!

• Post Points: 65
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Carol-- I love it!!  It's a great pattern.  Nice job!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Tue, Sep 25 2012 8:24 PM

Love the pattern and the quilt Carol.  I have my top finished and will try to post a picture tomorrow.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,053
Points 369,262
Kris replied on Wed, Sep 26 2012 3:09 AM

Carol:
While I was working on another Diamond in a Square, I decided to make one of her  String X quilts ~~ it got done first, it's just a small one, may add another border later. 

I like this one Carol.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Carol- the X strings is very pretty. I am at a stand still with Diamond Strings. I got the extra fabric I needed to continue but lost interest I guess? One of the things that I disliked was tearing off the paper. I had never done this before and I found it quite tedious! Of course I used thin wax paper (it's all I had to work with)...lesson learned, never again!! I thought with my husband being gone for 3 weeks that I would get a lot of sewing done...NOPE! All I have gotten done is taking care of animals and yard work! WOW...I miss my husband...LOL  He is coming home tomorrow ( 4 days early) so I hope to get back to sewing!  When he called me last night he told me the Army pay will be in on Oct. 5 and he is giving me the cash to go on a (mini) shop hop! There are 3 really nice shops about an hour away so I am going to check them out and hope for some inspiration.

I'll post pics when I get Diamond Strings top together.

Carol:

While I was working on another Diamond in a Square, I decided to make one of her  String X quilts ~~ it got done first, it's just a small one, may add another border later.  Meantime, the blocks for the ^ are done, this time, I used dark for the triangles.  Will post the photo soon,  how is everyone doing on theirs?  I'm really trying to get some of the piles of scraps, strips and strings out of my way around here!  Good luck and fun quilting to you all!

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Well, after complaining about the paper problems I put everything else on hold, tore off the paper, made my snakes and cut them! I'm taking a break for lunch and to take the dog out for a walk and then I will get the top together. It'll probably be without borders but I'm happy to have made some progress today!  :)

Piece, Love, Quilt

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 44
Points 655

I like the way this would use up smaller bits in 4 patch, might have to save this idea and maybe adapt to use up all those little HST's left from the last couple of quilts.

Joy (who's off to Phillip Island for a few days.)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,053
Points 369,262
Kris replied on Thu, Sep 27 2012 12:03 AM

Have fun Joy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:20 PM

Judy

I am a little late but that is a wonderful scrappy.  Don't you just love quiltville.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 2 of 4 (47 items) Prev1234Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use