June Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,312
Points 18,400
erindipity replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 11:40 PM

Marsha these are great.  I REALLY like the second one, it just looks country and cozy.

Marsha-SM:

This is my June scrappy -- just a few months late!  I just got pictures taken today.  This is one of the tops that is still waiting for the batting I finally got this week!

I decided to make a few patriotic wheelchair quilts for the veterans that are in the nursing home.  Here is another variation on the 9 patch that I made that would be suitable for a man.  Most of the ones I have made before are either feminine or backed with pink or flowers or BOTH.  I have had a hard time finding masculine flannel.  I now have a dog print with blue and brown paw prints to use on them.

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Sun, Sep 30 2012 7:25 AM

Marsha, thank you so much for the information.  I am currently making some for local nursing homes and was afraid that I was making them too small.  Your size will make mine more consistant for all donations.

• Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,010
Robin replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 5:07 AM

Marsha,

Great job for a great cause.  Your quilts are beautiful.

Robin

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:51 AM

Robin:

Marsha,

Robin 

Thank you, Robin.  Now I have to get the last 10 quilts sandwiched and quilted.  The binding goes fast, because it is portable and doesn't need a machine!  I should deliver the first 20 soon as winter is quickly approaching.  The Fibromyalgia fog and lethargy has hit me the last few weeks, so I haven't had the ambition to get at the quilting.  If I would just get started, I would feel so much better, but getting started is the problem.  These colorful tops cheer me up and I hope they will lift some spirits in the nursing home.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Thu, Oct 11 2012 7:51 PM

Marsha,

I like both tops you made. Nice work.

• Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Oct 17 2012 9:18 PM

I love all these quilts.  I think you are all doing a great job on your scrappys.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,017
Points 65,010
Robin replied on Fri, Oct 19 2012 6:01 AM

Marsha-SM:

Robin:

Marsha,

Robin 

Thank you, Robin.  Now I have to get the last 10 quilts sandwiched and quilted.  The binding goes fast, because it is portable and doesn't need a machine!  I should deliver the first 20 soon as winter is quickly approaching.  The Fibromyalgia fog and lethargy has hit me the last few weeks, so I haven't had the ambition to get at the quilting.  If I would just get started, I would feel so much better, but getting started is the problem.  These colorful tops cheer me up and I hope they will lift some spirits in the nursing home.

I hope your work goes fast and smoothly.

Robin

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 871
Points 14,240
Dara replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:53 PM

Well better late than never.....    I finally finished a couple of weeks ago.  I had to get creative with the borders because 1) I didn't have any more of the white fabric and 2) I miscut some of my new background.  Sooooo while it didn't turn out just as planned, I like it anyway :-)

Mineral Wells, West Virginia

• Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 333
Points 6,005
Helen replied on Wed, Nov 6 2013 6:57 PM

What a terrific quilt!  Great job Dara!!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Fri, Nov 8 2013 8:13 PM

Dara this is wonderful. You border treatment is fantastic.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,494
Points 46,835

Dara tBhat is beautiful! Your borders are really neat. "Better late than never". I'd say it was worth the wait!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Nov 20 2013 5:57 PM

Dara:
Well better late than never.....    I finally finished a couple of weeks ago.  I had to get creative with the borders because 1) I didn't have any more of the white fabric and 2) I miscut some of my new background.  Sooooo while it didn't turn out just as planned, I like it anyway :-)

Dara, I really like your border.  Sometimes shortages and mishaps make masterpieces.

Marsha - Western New York

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Dara--great quilt.  Your borders are great. Running out of fabric created a quilt that is lot more exciting!  This was one of my favorite Nana Projects.  Well done!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,715
Debra replied on Sun, Nov 24 2013 7:26 AM

Great job Dara. And I love the color change up in the border BG.  

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 567
Points 10,075
Tami Paul replied on Sun, Dec 22 2013 4:04 PM

Finally got my June/2012 quilt done too. Love the way you quilted yours Helen. Also, didnt know that quiltville MQ was on here. I have been following. I would like to make the big one but need to catch up with some stuff for like Christmas, etc. Would like to do it for my youngest son, but his b day isnt until Sept but he is so tall I think the large one will work for him. So here is my quilt done except a label, but that will have to wait until after christmas because DH has already put it on the bed.

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

• Post Points: 50
Page 5 of 6 (88 items) «Prev23456Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use