June Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,583
Points 24,040
Susie replied on Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:03 PM

The dog scrappy is just awesome!  And that tiny bit of pink won't be an issue at all.  It all blends in so well.  You can always tell her that the pink in the center pulls out the pink in the tongues on the border, lol!

Very cute!  And I just love the furbabies!

Chicagoland, Illinois

• Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,055
Points 369,272
Kris replied on Tue, Aug 14 2012 12:20 AM

Judy:
Here's a June Scrappy quilt I made for a former dog walker who is expecting a baby.

Very cute dogs and nice quilt as well Judy. I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 6:35 AM

Erin

The black, red, white is gorgeous.  I know they will love it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 6:38 AM

Sheri

Your granddaughter looks so proud of her quilt.  What a fun way to spend time together.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Aug 16 2012 6:38 AM

Judy

I love the baby quilt with the doggie print.  And the furbabies are really precious, too.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Erin, nice job on the wedding quilt.  You have inspired me to try something with these colors.  I purchased some fabrics which just went to clearance when I was shopping yesterday and came home and made my strip sets for the strippy star quilt last night.  Got all 16 strip sets made, pressed and cut into the triangles and border pieces.

Have to decide on a background fabric but hope to purchase today and begin piecing.

Thanks again for the inspiration.  Not colors I normally work with but you did such a nice job I couldn't resist.  Will post pics when the top is complete.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Awesome Darlene- I can't wait to see it! I normally wouldn't work with these colors either and I am happy with how it is coming along. I started a new job last Monday so I've lost quite a bit of sew time :( I do have evenings and weekends to sew and I am making lots of fabric money..yay!! I will be able to get a bigger, better sewing machine soon  too....one that embroiders!! Hope to have Jacob and Britney's quilt done by next weekend; will post pics when I can.

Erin

Darlene:

Erin, nice job on the wedding quilt.  You have inspired me to try something with these colors.  I purchased some fabrics which just went to clearance when I was shopping yesterday and came home and made my strip sets for the strippy star quilt last night.  Got all 16 strip sets made, pressed and cut into the triangles and border pieces.

Have to decide on a background fabric but hope to purchase today and begin piecing.

Thanks again for the inspiration.  Not colors I normally work with but you did such a nice job I couldn't resist.  Will post pics when the top is complete.

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260
Darlene replied on Sun, Aug 19 2012 11:40 PM

Erin:
I started a new job last Monday so I've lost quite a bit of sew time :( I do have evenings and weekends to sew and I am making lots of fabric money..yay!!

Erin, what a catch 22 that is.  You need the job to pay for the fabric but with the job, no time to sew the fabric you can now buy.  I have a stress ball which says "So Much Fabric" on one side and "So Little Time" on the other.  That says it all.  LOL.

I ended up with a white on white for the background of my black/red/white strippy stars.  Played with thoughts of using a grey but didn't like any of the choices at the store when I was there. 

I have everything cut out but life has happened here and I have had to put it aside for a few days while I get things back in order.  I am anxious to start piecing now that I have it all cut out and patience has never been my strongest trait

Hope you are able to make the best use of what spare time you have.  Can't wait to see your quilt finished.

Darlene

from Western New York

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:00 PM

This is my June scrappy -- just a few months late!  I just got pictures taken today.  This is one of the tops that is still waiting for the batting I finally got this week!

I decided to make a few patriotic wheelchair quilts for the veterans that are in the nursing home.  Here is another variation on the 9 patch that I made that would be suitable for a man.  Most of the ones I have made before are either feminine or backed with pink or flowers or BOTH.  I have had a hard time finding masculine flannel.  I now have a dog print with blue and brown paw prints to use on them.

Marsha - Western New York

• Post Points: 80
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:57 PM

I like them.  That is so nice of you to be making these quilts for veterans.  Great colors.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:06 PM

Marsha your June Scrappy quilts are beautiful and for such a worthy cause.  What size did you make them for wheel chair quilts.  I have made two  but wasn't sure of how big to make them. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Great job, Marsha!  I know you quilts will put smiles on the faces of our Vets!  Thanks for your good work!  

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 8:57 PM

Helen:

Marsha your June Scrappy quilts are beautiful and for such a worthy cause.  What size did you make them for wheel chair quilts.  I have made two  but wasn't sure of how big to make them. 

Helen, thank you for your comments on my quilts.  Our local nursing home prefers about 36" x 42".  I start out with about 38" x 44" to allow for quilting and shrinkage.  A few are longer for the longer-legged men.  The veterans that I have met at the nursing home are shorter so these are about 44".  Some patterns are better for a 48" length.  They said longer ones can be folded over at the top for shorter people.  I haven't made many suitable for men yet, but have bolt ends and other sale fabrics that I have found on line that will be better for them.  I back with flannel to help with slipping and warmth.  I just use a thin batting because I don't want them too stiff.   

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:07 PM

Judy:

Great job, Marsha!  I know you quilts will put smiles on the faces of our Vets!  Thanks for your good work!  

Thank you, Judy.  I have started with just our local nursing home and we have several Vets there.  I am starting there with my patriotic-type quilts.  At this point, my other patriotic quilts will be going to 3 grandsons who are in the military and to any of their military friends that need one.  The two younger ones have been overseas - one to Iraq twice and the other to Afghanistan.  He is now in Germany with his family and is making a career of the Airforce.  The one that went to Iraq is now in college thanks to his service.  He plans to be involved with the military in some way after he finishes college.  All three boys are computer "geeks", so are highly desired by the technical part of the military. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,384
Points 29,180
Marsha-SM replied on Sat, Sep 29 2012 9:09 PM

Jean, thank you.  I wish the pictures had come out better.  It was a gloomy day and the flash went off and made the pictures blurry and washed out.  I took 30 pictures of quilts today and ran out of sun very early in the day. 

Page 4 of 6 (88 items) «Prev23456Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use