June Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 12 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

Thank you all for your wonderful comments and encouragement.

This was so much fun and I look forward to making another at some point.

Darlene

from Western New York

• Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

I've almost finished my 2nd "June Scrappy" top.  This is for my son Jacob and his bride Britney's wedding present. These are their wedding colors and the only red, black, white scraps I had.  I still need to go buy fabric for the borders and can't do that until Friday.  I am making shams to go with. I'm going to mess around today and try out prairie points..if I can figure them out then that will be the edge.  I think it looks pretty good, even though no matter hard I tried, I still have a few seams that just wouldn't work out! lol  I am also thinking about making a small quilt for their Yorkies Mayhem and Zoe. :)

Laying in the grass makes it look puffy and out of shape, but it's really not!

Piece, Love, Quilt

• Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,939
Points 125,320

Erin, I love your black and white and red scrappy. Your fabrics really do give it a different look. Beautiful.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:36 PM

Erin, it's fabulous!  I love the black, white, and red combination.  I'm sure the bride and groom will be very pleased with it!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,368
Points 19,455
safrmaz replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 5:44 PM

This is my granddaughter who just spent 3 weeks visiting.  We worked on her first quilt together.  I chose the June Scrappy as a good beginner project.  I had left over squares from mine for her to piece.  She did all the piecing and got a little help from me with the border.  I put the sandwich together, machine quilted it, and sewed on the binding for her.  

• Post Points: 95
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Looks like Family Week on Scrapy June Revisited!  I love it!!

Sheri-your granddaughter Is really cute!  And so is her quilt!  Sounds like you both had fun!

Erin--Love the wedding black and white quilt!  It's really great!  

I started working on Scrappy June quilt today that'll be a baby present.  I really like this pattern.  Just makes me happy when I'm sewing a Scrappy June!

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,330
Points 18,765

Thanks for the nice comments, I wanted to do something special for their gift. They really don't "need" anything, they've been together for a long time and while young, own their own place, vehicles, etc. so a quilt in their wedding colors is what they get!  I found a tutorial for easy prairie points and with some scraps tried it out. It looks good and I am going to use them in something and wash it to see how they hold up.  Hope they work, I really like them.

Sheri your grand daughter is really cute and looks proud of her Nine Patch. She did a wonderful job on it!

Well, I need to get out of the computer/sewing room and clean the kitchen. Amazing how messy one guy can be!!! LOL Have a great evening.

Erin

Piece, Love, Quilt

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 9:20 PM

Sheri A. your granddaughter did a wonderful job on her first quilt!  Beautiful quilt and beautiful granddaughter!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Erin,

Love love love the b/w/r quilt! Your son and his bride will love and treasure it.  It has such a clean, crisp, and modern look to it, while still such a traditional pattern. You have done a beautiful job!  Hope you like working with the prairie points. I really love them and use them as accents on some of my lap quilts.  Haven't been brave enough to do a whole border of them yet.

Max

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985

Sheri,

Your granddaughter is cute as a bug, and so is her quilt!!  Another quilter is born!

Max

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,044
Points 369,167
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:50 PM

Erin:
I've almost finished my 2nd "June Scrappy" top.  This is for my son Jacob and his bride Britney's wedding present. These are their wedding colors and the only red, black, white scraps I had.

Looks good Erin. Well done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,044
Points 369,167
Kris replied on Mon, Aug 6 2012 11:51 PM

Sheri A.:
This is my granddaughter who just spent 3 weeks visiting.  We worked on her first quilt together.  I chose the June Scrappy as a good beginner project.  I had left over squares from mine for her to piece.  She did all the piecing and got a little help from me with the border.  I put the sandwich together, machine quilted it, and sewed on the binding for her.  

Wonderful. WTG. 

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 398
Points 4,920
Jean replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 7:31 AM

Erin, love your quilt.  Sheri, your granddaughter's quilt came out great.  I still have to put my back and binding on.  One of my next projects.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 379
Points 6,705
Helen replied on Tue, Aug 7 2012 8:59 AM

Erin, just love the W/R/B scrappy.  The happy couple will love it so much.  Please post it when you have finished the quilt/shams and furbaby quilt.  Will make a super quilt!  You can look up how to make prairie points on line.  They would add a beautiful dimension to your beautiful top.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 358
Points 6,720

Here's a June Scrappy quilt I made for a former dog walker who is expecting a baby. The border is a really cute dog print if you enlarge the photo!  The word on the block was that she doesn't want PINK!   Have to admit I did dig around in my scrap bin to find a bit of pink to slip in!  I'm a MidCentury Gal--just can't help myself: all baby girls get at least a bit of pink!   

In the foreground are 2 of her former FurBuddies: my 2 English Springer Spaniels, Tipper and Taffy.  

Quilting with 3 dogs in Massachusetts

• Post Points: 35
Page 3 of 6 (88 items) Prev12345Next»
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use