Step 3 July Scrappy

rated by 0 users
This post has 211 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 435
Points 11,205
Donna replied on Mon, May 6 2013 8:05 PM

I am actually just now quilting mine,  I am donating it to the silent auction at our Quilt  Show in June.  Will only have about a week to finish it when I get back from my trip to my daughters graduation and visiting my 2 sons and grandkids.  Will be gone from May 9-26.

• Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, May 7 2013 8:11 AM

Tami

Too funny,

I have to finish up MQ 8 as well.  I am still making those tiny 9 patches,  I hope I have them all, my cat has been finding it very comfortable to sit on them.  I knew I shouldn't have left them out, right under the window....

All we can do is try our best] and encourage each other.  I'll be your moral support

We CAN do this

hehe

• Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500

It is a deal Annie. As for the 9 patches...it feels so good when they are done, and especially when you, go look everyone..a 2" 9 patch and I did it !

Tami of Walla Walla, Washington

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, May 8 2013 7:59 AM

Tami,

Thanks for the encouragement, not there yet with 9 patches, but promised myself I will work on it whe I get home from work this afternoon.

Where are you in MQ8 ?

• Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,559
Points 23,645
Susie replied on Wed, May 8 2013 8:44 AM

I never did finish mine.  My mother wanted to learn to quilt and practice on some fabrics, so I gave her the entire batch of them.  She was worried she was going to mess them up, but I told her that she couldn't do anything that would ruin them.  She could play to her heart's content.  Made me feel better to not have ot look at them again, and to give her something to play with.  I just can't do that scrappy...much as I tried.

Chicagoland, Illinois

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 178
Points 2,495

I'm with you all! When I'm finished with MQ8, I'm going to finish this one...I just have one more border then off to the quiilter!   Check back again in a month, and hopefully I'll be done LOL!!!!

CHRISTINE

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, May 9 2013 9:40 PM

Looks like we have a good group going.  More inspiration to complete these quilts

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,390
Jacy replied on Thu, May 9 2013 11:18 PM

I need to finish mine too. I think I'll pull mine out, maybe this can be my May UFO to complete.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 10 2013 12:12 PM

I like that Jacy, lets put months in front of our UFO, and then on the next round we can throw a year haha. But seriously don't think mine can make the May mark too many b days coming up. But maybe shoot for July... or summer of 2013........

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Fri, May 10 2013 2:06 PM

Annie, 

I am putting together my borders. Not sure what to do for an inner border , kind of stuck but for other reasons I have not been able to get near it for over a week now. Hopefully get some done this weekend. have you made progress?

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Mon, May 13 2013 11:09 PM

Just finished knitting a pair of socks so now ready to begin sewing mq8. Can't wait to get going 

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Tue, May 14 2013 9:38 AM

ya Annie. I have tried knitting socks... um ya not so good...

I was able to get back to MQ8 after over a week of not being able to work on it. I am pretty happy with how it is going

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Tue, May 14 2013 11:40 AM

Tami,

I promised myself I was going to master the art of knitting and not stop until I felt good about my end product.  As it turns out I am completely hooked on knitting to the point that I have neglected my poor sewing machine.  I am going to sew when I get home from work today,  I am going to sew when I get home from work today,   I am going to sew when I get home from work today.....

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 598
Points 10,500
Tami Paul replied on Tue, May 14 2013 12:18 PM

your funny Annie. Well dont forget tos sew when you get home. I learned to knit when I was like 11. I had a hard time being a lefty . they tried everything and I just couldnt get the knit stitch . They finally said well keep working on it but the group needs to move a long. So they started teaching the pearl stitch. I was like ... like this. I was the first one to get it while everyone else struggled. So needless to say they told me to do just the opposite and I got the knit stitch.  I created my own wool hoodie pattern back in like 06, because my boys just wouldnt wear coats. But I have never gotten the socks down. Guess I need to practice more.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Thu, Jun 6 2013 8:40 AM

Tami,

How are you doing on MQ8?  I attended my very first quilting retreat and had a blast.  I was able to work on MQ8 and am really liking it more and more.  It's a pattern I would never have chosen myself, but so glad I am making it.  Nothing like having to think outside the box.  

I also had a big AHA moment, I should never iron press my pieces as I go, as I usually do with larger pieces, instead I finger pressed until whole block was assembled, then I took it to the iron and pressed.  Much better and yielding a pretty accurate finished block.

Page 14 of 15 (212 items) «Prev1112131415Next
| RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use